How I Chose My Dump Bank

Aqualand

Greenie
Jan 24, 2007
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro
I have a single dump bank. It's big, it's busy, and it has a dedicated line for commercial accounts. When I showed up with my first box I had a word with the manager. I told him that I intended to bring in boxes and asked if he knew of a better place for me to go, i.e., one that had a counting machine. He told me, "I don't, and we're fine with you bringing them here, just get in the commerical line." When the staff see me lugging in another box, they're very pleasant. I make it easy for them to count by rubber-banding 5 rolls together, and if I can, I keep them in the original wrappers with the original box for easy transport. No headaches.

Upvote 0

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The way I choose my dump bank is geographic line. I get my coins from the Helena fed (the 2 banks in my area) and dump them in a small town 15 miles away that gets and sends it's coins from the bank of ND which uses the Minneapolis fed. I do feel bad about dumping so many half's/dimes. They don't have a counting or sorting machine and don't want them rolled they have machine that they use to roll shot gun rolls, 1 roll at a time. It takes a long time so I normally drop off the coins to deposit and the next week withdraw cash when I make another deposit. So far they have been very nice and even help me carry in the bags of coins. I think one reason is they all are wearing tags saying we surport the troups and signs in the bank saying the same and I am a disabled vet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread