coin sorting made easier

acute collector

Mar 26, 2007
wisconsin
Hi all

I have been coin bag (not roll) hunting here in Wisconsin for a few years and have modified my searching style. Lately, I have constructed a machine that separates Copper cents from Zinc ones and separates Copper-Nickel Dimes from Silver ones. Boy, does this me a difference in time. I am paying a good price on 90% & 40%.

I think that some of you will see an Opportunity.

Thanks for letting me post

Upvote 0
OP
OP
acute collector

acute collector

Mar 26, 2007
wisconsin
It is pretty simple.

I got a coin sorter from a local Credit Union(Free) and I attached a piece of hotwheels (high speed low drag) track from where the coins are ejected to where they are inserted to my comparer. There a coil determines what the coin is made out of and either accepts it or rejects it. Settings are for dimes and pennies. It sorts out the silver dimes or the copper pennies at a rate of about 6/sec.

I worked on getting a pic or vid of it, but it was 4:19 and I couldn't get the camera to work.

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
have you tested it with a known amount of clad and silver to see how accurate it is? Also slip in a known amount of Canada clad and silver to see if it spits out the Canada silver out also.

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
You know..... if the banks are doing this and just keeping all the "rejects" without telling customers throwing their count off isnt that stealing???? silver US coins are still legal tender and its their money. The Canadians they paid for 10 cents for a dime etc.

Like I was saying I went to a bank asking about the reject tray. When I asked what they did with them she said they threw them out. Then when I said I would take them if they were just going to throw them out.. her story changed to one of the teller saves them for her mother......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread