SOUTHERN CRH AND GOLD PAN TRIP

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
well did some crh in good ol tenn on the way to gold pan ga.read about gold finds in panning forum if int. very friendly tellers in mid size tenn town. such a breath of fresh air. metro area where i crh mostly bad attitude folk even tho im super polite as i get my coin. people went out of their way to be nice. first bank had part of someone coin coll.and this is another way to score.only got 2 40% there but they had quite a few sealed older uncirculated half rolls unopened in orig jackets. i got 6 rolls of bicentennial 1976.2 rolls of 1979 and one of 1982-p.go on ebay u can see bi rolls bring up to 60$ roll.person who turned them in or someone had written uncirculated and proper date on each roll.on to next bank was the real score.they had 100 in rolls.next to last roll was marked with a big red x in pen."x marks the spot u know!", i chirped hopefully to my wife and sure enough out pops 15 64 ken and 3 40%ers. needed gas and it was swifty gas sta where discount for cash.so i know im gonna pay half dollars.the last roll had 2 more 64 ken. i held them close under the old guys nose at the gas sta attendent just 2 see if he would say something about the silver ones???.nada.those solid silvers stand out like such a sore thumb to me im incredulous that others dont notice.bank3 no halves.bank4 11 dollars one 64 ken.she even mapquested directions for me to the next branch and set up a 470$ half buy.bank 5 was that buy. what? another coin coll.yes teller said old guy needed money and turned in i was very excited but was no good.40 rolls of avg circ clad but all rolls labelled with contents.few unlabelled rolls yeilded few 40%ers. final bank 100$ no keepers. total this day 18 64 ken 15 40% and 9 older unc rolls that should be worth 2x to 7 x face.and a 5% clip 79 error.too busy chasin treasure to keep runnin totals like u all do.but fun reportin a good day for a change.think maybe i might start hitting random banks and ordering less boxes for awhile.tt search 3 hr 15 min. miles driven 22.

Upvote 0

twincapes

Jan 21, 2007
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 w Pro performance coil, Garrett Pro-pointer
Sounds like a good day to me. Lot of folks on here seem to do better with the few rolls here and there rather than boxes, but it all adds up.

Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread