Its been awhile since I found one of these

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been awhile since I found one of these

I'm having a good night of hunting. I've only found ~20 or 25 silvers so far out of 16 boxes, but the variety has been excellent. I've found 40%'ers, '64's, franklins, a walker, the best condition bicentennial silver proof I have found so far, and last but certainly not least a Barber. This is only the second barber I have ever found. I did a quick google search and unfortunately it is a 1915 S. For a second there, I thought I had a key date. Happy hunting everyone!

barber.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four of the boxes had one ender each. I am giving one of the ender boxes to one of my friends that hunts, so I hunted a total of 15 boxes tonight. The most found in any one box was 4 silvers and there were only three skunk boxes out of the whole bunch. Here are the finds for the 15 boxes:

40%: 19 (including the proof silver bicentennial)
'64 Kennedy's: 4
Franklins: 2
Walkers: 1
Barbers: 1
Also found a statue of liberty proof commemorative (that's my 8th one of these commemoratives)

I've actually been finding more silver than that in my boxes over the last few weeks, but tonight definitely was way ahead in terms of quality and variety of finds.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice haul
Congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Congrats, Fish On. But you've been here long enough to know better than not to include a cheesy haircut/barber reference. It's what the group expects, and we have standards to maintain. If a new hunter is witness to this precedent than our customs are slowly eroded.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fish on!, that is fantastic! Hopefully you can get another shave in the near future :D

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have yet to find one. Never even think about it because it's so rare that I even find a Walker. If I do I will be jumping for joy. HH!

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to find one. Never even think about it because it's so rare that I even find a Walker. If I do I will be jumping for joy. HH!

I found my first one when I had been hunting 3 months or so. The first one was actually a reverse ender. This one had me just as psyched because it's been so long since I've found one. They are really cool. I know in that condition it really isn't worth too much more than a '64, but they are still awesome to find. They always seem to pop up when you are least expecting them. Keep hunting as much as you can and you will find one.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, Fish On. But you've been here long enough to know better than not to include a cheesy haircut/barber reference. It's what the group expects, and we have standards to maintain. If a new hunter is witness to this precedent than our customs are slowly eroded.

You're right. I really trimmed down my post. Probably a hair too much. It really didn't make the cut, did it?

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No haircut reference... Booook

If I'm lucky enough to find another one, I'll be sure to include the haircut reference. I thought I was going to wear it out since I did that with the first one. I'm really hoping that one day I get the chance to make a corny joke about sitting down.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
If I'm lucky enough to find another one, I'll be sure to include the haircut reference. I thought I was going to wear it out since I did that with the first one. I'm really hoping that one day I get the chance to make a corny joke about sitting down.

The taking of the seat is the best. Only did it once myself

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I got a Barber half six years ago, that's it. I searched a bunch of halves this year. I found a rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread