Hang in there, things are bound to change!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So as most of you know, my finds have been REALLY BAD lately!!!

My previous 4 weeks totals out of 56 boxes was 6 90% and 23 40%... pretty discouraging to say the least...

Thursday I picked up a 6 boxes of a new box code I hadnt seen previously... Ended with 2 90% and 34 40%ers...

Wow what a great day that was... but the high quickly came down when I went to pick up another 4 boxes at my one PU bank, and they only had 1 box for me, and said it was the last time they would order for me...

So thats it, im done with WF, they have all given me the run around, and none will order for me anymore... These jerks made me sit and wait in the lobby for 50 minutes after close last week to get in the vault, as the only person was "busy" with other customers, then cut me off the following week... and the week before that, I brought them in cookies, and they didnt even have my order, but still took the cookies... Ughh they piss me off so bad, gonna close my acct next week.

But anyways, I finished the week with 7 boxes, and did good, 4 90% with 2 bens, and 11 40%.

Total for the week is 8.82 oz of silver, where the last 4 weeks COMBINED was 5.57 oz of silver...

HH everybody

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Curious...

I always ask my teller's if they have any odd coins. Sometimes they do, and they save them for me for when I come in. Just a smile and being nice to them.

I don't order boxes and boxes of coins. And then drop off coins by the hundreds of pounds-

Why would the bank want to keep supplying you with the coins, or keep taking back the rejects? It's a lot of work for them, and the bank reaps nothing in return for the labor and extra work?

Why are you mad at them and calling them jerks for not doing all this work for free?

Just asking...

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since you ask, Im a customer who makes them money, so its only fair that they could do a simple thing as order coin, and exchange money(which is what a bank does). And also the fact I would bring treats and be polite...

Who makes somebody wait needlessly for 50 minutes AFTER CLOSE??? JERKS

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! my 12 boxes of halves this week produced 3 40%. I guess there is hope!

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can answer why wells fargo is a bunch of jerks: I recently opened an account there to give myself more pickup options during the day near my job. The three branches that are near my job each did the same thing. I went in and asked to order coin. They said yes, but it will take two weeks to get (it never takes two weeks to get coin). I go back in two weeks later and they say: "Oh no, we really can't order you coin". So rather than just saying that they don't want to order me coin they have me in a holding pattern for two weeks. Note, this is only the wells fargo branches near my job, the ones near my house are cool as are all the other banks near where I live. Ever since I've switched jobs I've been struggling to find good supply banks in that new area.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So as most of you know, my finds have been REALLY BAD lately!!!

My previous 4 weeks totals out of 56 boxes was 6 90% and 23 40%... pretty discouraging to say the least...

Thursday I picked up a 6 boxes of a new box code I hadnt seen previously... Ended with 2 90% and 34 40%ers...

Wow what a great day that was... but the high quickly came down when I went to pick up another 4 boxes at my one PU bank, and they only had 1 box for me, and said it was the last time they would order for me...

So thats it, im done with WF, they have all given me the run around, and none will order for me anymore... These jerks made me sit and wait in the lobby for 50 minutes after close last week to get in the vault, as the only person was "busy" with other customers, then cut me off the following week... and the week before that, I brought them in cookies, and they didnt even have my order, but still took the cookies... Ughh they piss me off so bad, gonna close my acct next week.

But anyways, I finished the week with 7 boxes, and did good, 4 90% with 2 bens, and 11 40%.

Total for the week is 8.82 oz of silver, where the last 4 weeks COMBINED was 5.57 oz of silver...

HH everybody

Good job on the finds. You are probably getting the same batch of coins I am since my finds have been through the roof in the last three weeks. I've been averaging 60 silvers a week for the last three weeks. I hope the silver keeps flowing for a while longer.

I'm with you, close the wells fargo account. There are much better options out there with much fewer fees.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I never liked using the debit card etc...

And yeah I had a bunch of branches pull that yeah well order for you, then you get there and no one knows anything about it, and say they cant order... buncha crooks.

Im prolly searching your dumps! lol... last 4 weeks were horrible... But its all good that im doing less boxes, im running my own business now and takes up most of my time anyways... haha

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Curious...

I always ask my teller's if they have any odd coins. Sometimes they do, and they save them for me for when I come in. Just a smile and being nice to them.

I don't order boxes and boxes of coins. And then drop off coins by the hundreds of pounds-

Why would the bank want to keep supplying you with the coins, or keep taking back the rejects? It's a lot of work for them, and the bank reaps nothing in return for the labor and extra work?

Why are you mad at them and calling them jerks for not doing all this work for free?

Just asking...

Wow. Just wow. You realize youre posting in the COIN ROLL HUNTING section right???

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. Just wow. You realize youre posting in the COIN ROLL HUNTING section right???

Yes, I don't understand the concept of getting mad though. I can imagine it's a lot of work for the banks to move coins back and forth and keep account of it all, for free.

So, being uneducated on the topic, I'd thought I'd ask.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I don't understand the concept of getting mad though. I can imagine it's a lot of work for the banks to move coins back and forth and keep account of it all, for free.

I understand what youre saying but thats whats banks do: keep track of my money for free. Whether im depositing 2000 dollars in hundreds or halves. My dump bank once told me they ship out about 18 bags of coin weekly. My two bags arent a huge part of that

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Like magma stated... Thats what banks do!! lol

You would be mad after putting a year and half of customer relationship and lots of treats bought and paid for by me for the tellers for simply exchanging money with me once a week.

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Wells Fargo ordering boxes for me no problem... They even call me when they get delivered haha pretty awesome and I'm on my 5th box and haven't been skunked yet.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We must all remember that banks are in existence of handling other people's money etc, and not for the sole propriety use of CRH's. I don't think there is a section in the bank corporate by-laws stating that they MUST cater to every CRH'r that comes in just for the sake of A Silver Coin here & there. Let's not abuse what we have or have not, and take it all with a grain of salt.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wont deal with WF on a regular basis- they lied to me too many times before crh and while crh- so I hit them up only occassionally and onky for loose teller trays

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The banks are creating service charges for just about everything. I'm amazed that they have not come up with a service charge for this.

They know who uses coins in their business and I'm sure they know who the roll hunters are, right?

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks are creating service charges for just about everything. I'm amazed that they have not come up with a service charge for this.

They know who uses coins in their business and I'm sure they know who the roll hunters are, right?

Some charge fees for coins, but most that I have encountered do not. They have the ability to know whot he coin roll hunters are, but most of the banks that I pick up and return to do not even keep a record of the coin transactions. For pickups, it's almost always just a cash transaction. At my main dump bank chain, most of the branches don't even think I have an account with them even though I do. All areas and regions are different. In my area, there is an overabundance of banks which leads to an insane amount of competition for customers. Banks compete through long hours, free perks, catering to customer requests(coin orders), etc. I do not feel entitled to coin services or feel like the banks owe it to me. I am very friendly and grateful towards all of my banks. With that being said, this particular chain of banks has lied to me from various branches, so I am going to stop doing business with them.

Most of my pickup and return banks do not look at me as a major burden. I've built relationships with all of these banks and they don't mind helping me out. I'm glad that I live in the area that I do because there are so many bank chains that even if a bunch of them started stopping coin ordering there are a ton more that will still order.

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
Only found 2 40%s in the past few months. Lots of repackaged dumps. Just gotta push through them and keep on keeping on.

Stay Silver guys. :)

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fish on, I used to think like that too, had 50+ orders a week at one point, now im capped at 13ish a week...

Just sayin :P
HH

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fish on, I used to think like that too, had 50+ orders a week at one point, now im capped at 13ish a week...

Just sayin :P
HH

I know it can happen to anyone. I think I've gotten lucky with a really good group of banks. They are genuinely friendly with me and go out of their way to help me out. I currently have 6 main weekly pickup banks that have been solid for the last year and a half of weekly pickups. When I used to search more, I had another 6 or so solid weekly pickup banks that would have no problem ordering weekly for me. In addition to that I have another 20 pickup banks that I sprinkle in occasionally when I want to up my orders and they all seem like they would be open to weekly orders as well. When I back up and take a look at the overall landscape, that is probably much less than 5% of the overall banks in my immediate area, so if I ever burnt through my weekly pickup banks, my old weekly pickup banks, and my occasional pickup banks I would still have a ton of banks that I have never even approached about ordering. My recent experience with those three well's fargo branches is odd in that I have never had a bank say no to ordering for me before. So I think it would be fair to guess that at least half of the untapped banks would order for me, so I think I am pretty well setup as far as ordering. I'm not in a remote area where you have to drive 10 or 20 miles to get to a bank. There are literally 10 banks within 300 yards of my front doorstep.

I'm not trying to sound cocky. I feel really lucky and happy that I have been so fortunate with pickup banks and I never take them for granted. I do however, think that if I lost them I still have plenty of other options that I haven't even begun to explore yet. The best part about my situation is that my weekly pickups are not limited to just one or two chains of banks, so even if one or two bank chains changed their policy on ordering it would not shut me down.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious...

Just asking...

Writing some numbers on a coin order form, and then eventually picking up a few boxes of halves and carrying them a few feet does NOT constitute a lot work.

I am a computer programmer by trade, I stare at code all day and build up a ton of mental stress. On top of that, I have a side business installing fence; it is absolutely ball-busting work digging holes, lugging sometimes hundreds of 80-lbs. bags of concrete, fence panels, etc. But, it is just part of the job. Last week I worked close to 85 hours between my day job and fencing.

THAT is a lot of work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread