Its out there...and I cant get it!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's out there...and I can't get it!

I was using a dump bank and hit the fill on halves. I waited patiently, told them it was no big rush, etc. They came over to change it for me.

When they set the bag down and started putting the new one on, I looked down and saw bright coins.

The first I saw was a Ben, obverse taunting me. Then JFK was gloating too.

I practically dived at the bag, and saw MANY more solid silver rims. I'm talking at least $80 worth of silver in a 6 second glace at a stationary bag.

This is a bank with a strict "no bag sales" policy.

It was the branch manager who was changing out the bag, and I was as polite as possible, asking if I could buy it (I knew it was a long shot, especially after I just filled the damn thing). I asked if I could change a few out. Of course the answer was no because of policy, but he was really polite.

So I just watched as that bag went into the back room.

I'm going to have to try and ramp up my ordering from my dump coin courier in a week or two and see if I hit them!

So it's out there.

If you get them, congrats.

But they are going to haunt my dreams for a few days.

5 halves boxes for 2 40's this week isn't exactly placating me!

Upvote 0

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This same thing has happened to me... I don't look at the bags anymore to save myself the grief.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what the turn around is for those coins? I know in places where you have people ordering 40 plus boxes a week the coin turn around is going to be faster but how many halves do these coin distributors have in stock. I know there are other CRHers where I am but there are very few banks that have coin machines. I do find dumps but nothing more then a $100 - $200 at a bank. I don't think there is a fast turn around in my area, I could be wrong though.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has happened to me too many times. People find silver amongst my dumps all the time. Haha.
I hate when they get away.
Ramp up your orders in 2-3 weeks.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Obviously we all know this happens, and we've all seen it, but damn is it frustrating to actually watch happen!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im with chilly I dont look any more either cause ya it SUX

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you get to be a more experienced CRH'er, you don't have to look at/in the bag to tell if there is silver, when the bag is removed, you will generally be able to hear whether there is silver in it or not.
This same thing has happened to me... I don't look at the bags anymore to save myself the grief.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread