DOES ANYONE THINK ITS TIME TO START SAVING THE EARLIER STATE QUARTERS?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
BOUGHT A COUPLE UNC ROLLS OF THE MONTANA STATE QTRS TODAY.MIGHTY HARD TO REALIZE THAT THE STATE QTR PROG IS NEARING COMPLETION. I WAS A BIG HOARDER OF THE EARLY UNC ROLLS BUT SOLD THEM OUT WHEN PRICES WENT BIG. HAVENT REALLY BOUGHT ANY OTHER STATE QTR UNC ROLLS SINCE. LAST MONTH I HAD A BANK SCREW UP MY HALF DOLLAR ORDER.AND I BOUGHT A BOX OF QTRS JUST TO SEE WHAT I MIGHT FIND.WELL NO SILVER. FOUND 12 BICENTENNIAL WHICH CARRY VERY SMALL PREM.THOUGHT MAYBE ILL GO THRU IT AGAIN AND KEEP EXCELLENT EXAMPLES OF THE FIRST 1999 DATED COINS.WELL I CAN TELL YOU I ONLY FOUND 6.AND ALL SHOWED LITE TO MED WEAR. DONT MEAN TO BE LAZY AND ILL PROB REASEARCH EBAY ON THIS.BUT I BEEN SO BUSY CHASIN HALVES. ANY ONE EXPERTS ON THIS AND BEEN FOLLOWING THE STATE QUARTERS.WHAT IS OUT THERE WORTH LOOKING FOR BESIDES ERRORS.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back a few years ago,
the PENNSYLVANIA & DELAWARE Quarters
were said to be impossible to find in Circulation
anymore & were rare. Dealers sell them for several Dollars
each around here & advertise they pay between 50 & 75 cents each
for nice specimens.

However,, I get them in Circulation alot.
I think people are starting to spend the rolls they
once were going to save.

Prsonally, I can't see them becomming valuable since everyone
and their Brother Saves them.

I got a Free album in the mail once.
so I decided to fill it.

When it is full, it will have $12.50 face Value.
I figure I can then sell it for $20.00 to someone.

Of course a dealer will sell them for $50.00

and the Coin Dealers on Home shopping will be selling
them for $300.00 :P

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The state quarter program is credited with tripling the number of coin collectors in this country and a high percentage of them were hoarded initially and are now being dumped. U.S. Mint rolls (H/T) will always command a small premium but there are much better coin investments out there.

Jim

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jglunt said:
The state quarter program is credited with tripling the number of coin collectors in this country and a high percentage of them were hoarded initially and are now being dumped. U.S. Mint rolls (H/T) will always command a small premium but there are much better coin investments out there.

Jim
I like to focus my attention on older coins. The Bust series are particularly affordable in lower grades, and beautiful coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread