running into other CRHers in the wild....

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I recently had a encounter with another TNet member at a local CU, I could tell he was a hunter because I saw him buying other rolls of cents from where I was standing, I get the urge every time to say something and just chat, but I feel people tend to be private when at a bank, so I keep quite. When I went to the other open teller and asked for what I normally do.. any halves or big dollars, up chimes this kid... "He's looking for silver" this isn't the first time its happened, but come on? mind your own when at a bank, more then that you don't tell everyone you talk to about the value of what we are looking for, I can almost chalk that bank up to a dumping location now...

And to really rub it in, the same kid checked out the COINSTAR before I got to and found a rosi!!!! damn you lol..

Anyway, just alil rant about keeping your head down in this game

Upvote 0

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day, I ran into an older woman searching half dollars in her car. WITH HER WINDOWS WIDE OPENED. I actually parked next to her and wouldn't have realized that she was CRH'ing if she had her windows up, but she was making so much noise with the coins. I didn't say anything, just went into the bank and did my business.

This is awesome, I would have laughed a little to myself.

HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, she was lucky she wasn't robbed. The area wasn't bad, but 5 miles in the other direction is a pretty sketchy town.

I chuckled to myself a little, I could never CRH in my vehicle. I looked through the rear door window as I was getting back into my truck and the car was loaded with half dollar wrappers and a couple empty boxes :laughing7::laughing9:

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, she was lucky she wasn't robbed. The area wasn't bad, but 5 miles in the other direction is a pretty sketchy town.

I chuckled to myself a little, I could never CRH in my vehicle. I looked through the rear door window as I was getting back into my truck and the car was loaded with half dollar wrappers and a couple empty boxes :laughing7::laughing9:

I'm not gonna lie... I've cracked CWR in my car on occasion.. but not in any manner to draw attention to myself.. and not hundreds of dollars worth.. if i just picked up a amount that someone may to to rob me for im out.. like when i pickup my 2 boxes.. I'm in and out.. but I'm always carrying so its whatever lol

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, to spot check a few rolls isn't to any extent like opening a whole box in your car with the windows wide open haha

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I crh in my car ALL THE TIME, whats the big deal?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nothing against people searching in their cars, everybody is entitled to do whatever they please as long as it is legal, its just not something I would go (CRH an entire box in my car)

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nothing against people searching in their cars, everybody is entitled to do whatever they please as long as it is legal, its just not something I would go (CRH an entire box in my car)

yea, i too should add to each is own...

I'm a American, do what makes you happy, more of a word of caution just. like not picking up at the same time and day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread