Good Deal for morgans?

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i have a response to a craigslist ad to buy coins, and after negotiations I'm looking at 50 mixxed date morgons in ok condition for 19$ each, assuming they are real would you buy them? I'm think of re selling them on ebay. . I've sold morgans on ebay for like 32$ +shipping. on average, so after fees its like 28-29$ a morgan...
any thoughts?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They weighed up non magnetic, and melted ice just as fast as my other morgans.... looks like it may be a case of luck

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And when i put them on ebay u can check them out

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Uh oh. Could be trouble with this one. Get them checked by professional ASAP and be ready to get the law involved if needed. Let the guy know you want to buy more and set up another meeting. How about some close-ups of the CC coins.

Maine_Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh oh. Could be trouble with this one. Get them checked by professional ASAP and be ready to get the law involved if needed. Let the guy know you want to buy more and set up another meeting.

Maine_Jim
My thoughts... pretty good if they are fake.. i do want to believe that they've been in a closet for awhile but we will see

Danman

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
So real quick, looks like the guys girlfriends grandfather left her a bunch of coins..... plan on getting more... need to get them checked out but put of 60 morgans i have 4 1889 cc!!!

I believe in luck but that's too good to be luck. I can understand one Carson City Morgan being in the pile but not so sure about 4, and all the same year. I sure hope they are real.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in luck but that's too good to be luck. I can understand one Carson City Morgan being in the pile but not so sure about 4, and all the same year. I sure hope they are real.

These are my thoughts exactly-
Im hoping for best for ya but man China is gettin ng real good at faking and to have 4 rarer date CC's in 1 group and to be selling them for $19 WAY too many redflags go up- id also get them checked by professional and then set up another meeting with authorities if they come back fake

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Also - if they are real - you really want to set up another meeting with him. That would be the deal of the century especially if they are not culls and not stolen merchandise. These would be worth major money. Hey stranger things have happened...

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy at the pawn shop couldn't find any problems... he's holdin on to for a expert opinion

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
The guy at the pawn shop couldn't find any problems... he's holdin on to for a expert opinion

This sounds better and more interesting than a classic episode of Pawn Stars lol. I sure hope an expert can confirm they are for real. This would sure be an amazing score! Good luck!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Well you might as well post some decent photos of them so we can all see them. You will likely get your answer quicker from better experts than the local pawn shop. A thread like this is going to quickly be forwarded to the PCGS list where the best experts in the country hang out. They see this stuff all the time and know what to look for.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post some pics from my work comp tomorrow... maine_jim if your in the l/a area you can check them out... but the suspense is killing me.. and if they are not real.. well that will suck

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one have any links or info on fake morgans struck on real silver? Looks like the only way there fake is if there on real silver

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
From the pics they look real to me. And you got a 1893 also? That one has about the same value as my 1899. Also, if someone was trying to sell some better date counterfeit Morgans worth hundreds each why would they only be asking about $19 each? That doesn't make any sense. You may have hit the jackpot on this one. I sure hope so, good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread