ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The recommended selling price is the most you can get for them.

With copper prices where they are now, and from what little I've seen on ebay, after fees and shipping you could probably expect to clear in the neighborhood of 1.2 cents per.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep only the ones in decent shape (no crud or damage, circulation wear is OK). Ends up being only about $1/box, plus whatever wheats.

I'm primarily a wheat collector, but I pull the foreign/good condition coppers and stash them as a byproduct.

My idea is that I have higher quality coins, so people know that there isn't a lot of impurity/weight loss if they by them. I also am way more certain that no zincolns have made it into my bin because i'm not just running a ryedale comparator weight.

BTW, pre 96 canadian cents are worth more than melt and they are an easier commodity to move than US cents.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save them , but then again I save almost everything.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to save them. Now I have $300+ in copper cents that I don't know what to do with... it kills me to throw them back because it took me so long to sort them, So I will keep them...

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
I must say, the "in front of you at the bank" location description made me chuckle. And indeed. 300$+ in copper cents must have taken a lifetime to sort through. There must be something you can do with them. Even if just a small profit would be made Its better than having 12 boxes of cents lying around gathering dust. 0____0

Holmes08

Greenie
Nov 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all 1981-1959 and its much easier to sell these things NOW compaired to years back, I checked craigslist and talk to coin shoppe owners....and i have 3 buyers within 15 minute drive of my house, ive actually started a bidding war between my guys for them. my return keeps going up. Ive recently set up a deal with a coin shop dealer who gives me $25 cash a 1964 half dollar and a silver rosie for $25 in copper cents. It took me years to find 1 buyer and now i have 3, so id hold onto the whole 300 dollars you have because for me thats half a roll of 1964 halves and 12 rosies just something to think about.

THanks
~Holmes~

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I have numerous buyers. they used to pay 1.6 cents, but now pay 1.5 cents per penny, and now I pay shipping. I still net pretty good, but not like I used to. So I haven't been actively selling them lately, and the supply has built up. I have about 600,000 in the garage right now. About $6,000 face. I suppose I coud sell off a few hundred dollars worth pretty quickly if I went back to my buyers, but I'm not pressing it right now. Would like to get back to 1.6 per penny plus they pay shipping. So I'll hold for now. Plus the ratios are getting lower finally, so I know they are starting to disappear some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread