Some Firsts For Me This Week

Cedric's

Jun 2, 2014
Eastern US
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Gold Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had some nice finds Crh pennies and nickels this week. I got my first 1909 wheat cent, not a vdb, but still an awesome find. I got my first proof eisonhower, a 1977s, it's clad but I was excited when a teller at my bank handed me this when I asked if she had any big dollars. I was able to get a 1929 Buffalo Nickel which was at the end of a CWR (didnt have the patience to take a picture though). Finally I was able to get a number of foreign coins from the nickels as well as a 1952 Canadian George VI cent, and a 1956 Young Elizabeth Canadian cent, it's refreshing to see older foreign coins crh. Happy hunting to all.

1408221763698.jpg sorry for bad quality, camera wouldnt focus

1408221925901.jpg

1408222139081.jpg

1408222346424.jpg

Upvote 0

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
great finds! thats a lot older than my oldest wheat. i would love one of those. as for the photos, they came out alright. if you are using a point and shoot, try to see if it has a "macro" setting. that lets you take close ups of stuff like coins. happy hunting!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the finds. I found my first clad proof Ike just last week myself - a clad '73S. I believe that's the first '73 Ike I've ever found too. Kinda strange it happened to be a proof but they were all NIFC that year so maybe its not so strange after all.

HH!

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cedric's, some nice finds you got there! I get a kick out of older foreign coins too, especially those with the young Queen Elizabeth and those of the former British Empire, which are so interesting from a historical perspective as well as for their beauty. Coins from the former British Island-States are especially cool, I think, with their tropical fishes, etc., and those from Sub-Saharian Africa, too. In any case, never knowing what you're gonna find is half the fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread