hairy bag

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Got my $1000 in halves today. It came in a $1000 bag, not two $500 boxes like normal, It was very heavy and yep complete skunk with the exception for all the long brown and blonde hair (two toned). also picked up a $250 box of dimes they were skunks until I got down to the last 3 rolls 2 of them had a silver 1956 and 1946. I hope this the turning point and the skunks are behind me.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What color was that hair???? How long was it???? Skunk bag????? Oooops......just kidding....lol.

Irish Finn

Mar 31, 2007
Chicago Fed District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be carefull when picking up a $1000 bag of loose. 80% of the time its someones dump bank and you will get skunked. I always ask how long they have had the bag and or did someone just bring in a big load. I have picked up about 5 big bags and 1 produced.

OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
It was a bag that the bank ordered. And yes about the same length and color as yours lejeuene!!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irish Finn said:
You have to be carefull when picking up a $1000 bag of loose. 80% of the time its someones dump bank and you will get skunked. I always ask how long they have had the bag and or did someone just bring in a big load. I have picked up about 5 big bags and 1 produced.

I have only been skunked on a bag with $100 or more only twice with one of those being one that I was told was probably searched prior to buying it. The only issue is usually that the count is off slightly due to foreign objects or other denom coins in the bag (so far only small amounts though so the silver was worth more to offset the cost).

skyet

Nov 22, 2006
south jersey!
i found a used bandaid in a bag of halves once. that was a downer. i also remember a teller saying that they had found bullets before in their coin machine.

bullets and bandaids. the true cost of silver?!

-skyet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread