Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That can't be right

Evening all. Was using the penny arcade this afternoon before work. Brought 4 bags(the bank bags with the zippers) inside to dump. Partway through, the bags have to be changed. Teller comes over to change them, then i resume dumping and take my receipt. Total comes out to a little over $97. Knowing i had more then that, i questioned it. He checks the tape from the machine and doesn't see anything unusual. Then decides to check out something else behind the counter. Turns out, the machine reset after i filled the bags so it was only counting what i dumped in afterwards. How much would i have been shorted. $244.00 or so. I gave them my number in case there was a problem but i don't see that happening.
If you think the machine is off, don't be afraid to question it. HH everyone, MM2

Added note- 2 boxes of halves produced 12-40%ers and a 64 and a box of dimes produced 3 silvers including a nice 1943 merc. The good stuff's still out there.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MM2, when this happens to me, the bank takes my account number/phone number and when they send the bags out, they will mark the batch "subject to recount" and I will get credited usually within a week. This has happened only a handful of times over the years, though. (shortages have ranged from $50-$730)

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had a machine print out a receipt right before a bag change and then start from zero afterwards. I've also had a machine resume counting after a bag change. I wouldn't blame the machine in your case... my guess is the teller accidentally reset the machine during the change.

Good couple of half boxes too. There seems to be a TNet post every week or two with somebody bringing in a good haul.

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a machine print out a receipt right before a bag change and then start from zero afterwards. I've also had a machine resume counting after a bag change. I wouldn't blame the machine in your case... my guess is the teller accidentally reset the machine during the change.

Good couple of half boxes too. There seems to be a TNet post every week or two with somebody bringing in a good haul.

Yes, that would be my guess too that he reset the machine. I was just standing there with this dumb look on my face after i saw the receipt and he knew something was up. Just posted this to make others aware that it could happen and they might not catch it, at least not right away.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was interesting, I had a machine start from zero after a bag change, but when I printed it out, the full number (before and after change) was on receipt. I was pretty freaked out for a few seconds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread