mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that was a nice nickel box. Sounds like you got part of a collection dump.

WheatWaffle

Bronze Member
Oct 30, 2013
Hi all, merc here. Haven't checked in for a while but my hunting has been going great. This week I got my best war nickel box ever, with 15 P mint nicks. My take for the week came to 37 silver coins. Wish I could do that every week.

Awesome nickel box! It's always fun to have a score like that.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Merc, super box of nicks there! Sometimes I want to do a box of nicks again ( i did for a bit), but then I remember what they were like to search and shy away lol, I gotta hand it to you guys that search them though :notworthy:, it was a tough search for me:tongue3:. HH, Maverick.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Merc, super box of nicks there! Sometimes I want to do a box of nicks again ( i did for a bit), but then I remember what they were like to search and shy away lol, I gotta hand it to you guys that search them though :notworthy:, it was a tough search for me:tongue3:. HH, Maverick.

The nice thing about nickels is that there is no fast way to do them--makes you take a little time and relax...8-)

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maverick, badwolf , I search nickels faster than anything. I just spread a roll out on newspaper and the war nicks and buffs and stuff really stand out. Then dump in my coffee can and bust open the next one. I wouldn't like them so much though if I didn't have a coin machine to dump the rejects in.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a really nice nickel box, and congratulations on finding some good silver this week. Wow my coin has traveled a long ways!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions