ebay wheat pennies

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never have but have been curious like you. I would stay away from those roll lots with the "Indians on both ends" or "mercury dimes on the ends". Those are an obvious scam. But if you could find some unsearched 5000-ct bags you might have some luck. I think most of those have been searched by someone along the line and are probably mostly 40s & 50s common dates. I was allowed to search through a big bin of wheats at a pawn shop once. The guy said I could have as many as I wanted for 5c each. I spent about 2 hours going through them and pulled a ton of better dates and mint marked coins from the teens, 20s, and 30s. Among them were about 7-8 09 vdb, 2 22d, and a bunch of 21/23/24/26 s-mints. I think I got $200+ worth of wheats for like $7-8 bucks.

Marcel

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Score! I would have loved to have gone through that bin! Nothing like that around here that I'm aware of. I'm getting about 50.00 worth of pennies every other day to go through looking for wheats.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have. I didn't find it worth it, not to say that they're all bad.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just curious if anyone has bought wheats on ebay and then hand sort them to see if there were rares.

The odds of "unsearched" actually being truly unsearched is very, very slim. Caveat emptor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread