ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the pawn shops and flea markets in my area.

At those prices I would have at least had to ask what they were paying for junk silver. Most likely not nearly enough, but you never know.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy.
On ebay some yahoo is selling common circulated '64 Kennedy halves "Buy it now" for $200 or best offer each PLUS $4.50 shipping.

Hondo

Jul 1, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, and I thought the common date Morgans I saw in an antique shop yesterday were way high at $30. Looks like I missed a bargain, lol!!!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look at the shopping networks on TV, they sell semi loads of coins @ twice what they are worth...or more.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Just look at the shopping networks on TV, they sell semi loads of coins @ twice what they are worth...or more.

I was just thinking the same thing. The pawn shop might have gotten their absurd prices from watching the coin guy on HSN. Like ABM said, I'd be curious to know how much the pawn shop would be willing to pay for silver. My guess is they'd probably say they don't buy silver which I think is the case with most pawn shops.

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
I didn't even ask but I'm going to go back with some coins just for the heck of it.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to a pawn shop today. They had an awesome sale on silver coins. Common date morgans for $178, common date silver quarters for &19.99 and 90% half dollars for $39.99. Im sure they sell tons at that price!!! Yeaaaaaaa lol.

You call these prices as "awesome sale", it sounds like a rip-off sale. Much too high, I wonder what they bought them for? @ 50% of melt/spot prices!

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only found coins at one local pawn shop. Their prices were somewhat reasonable, even if they only had 4 coins. They only had two Peace Dollars for $27 each, and two Buffalo Nickels that they would throw in if I bought a Peace Dollar. I did not buy anything though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread