Nice score!

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But its not silver. Went to TD bank yesterday morning to dump some dimes and noticed the bag was in the way of the reject shoot. The bag filled and i said to the teller a bunch of my coins are in the reject shoot. He opened the machine and told me to get them and put them back in the machine. Little did i know i would be taking handfulls of quarters out. The shoot was filled all the way up. They just kept coming. I had exactly one 250$ box of dimes i dumped and in the end ended up with 356$ total. 106$ profit! I will take that anyday. Thats is by far the most extra i have ever got from a coin machine. HH

Upvote 0

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive probably gotten a total of 10$ canadian from the machines, thats a great score!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure id be ok with "accepting" that much extra- im sure who ever dumped them wasnt a crh so they probably didnt know how much they had but if they were a crh and told the bank they were off by $100+ you know they will be looking to adjust his account once bag count is taken-
If it wouldve been $10-20 id wouldve kept it but that much I personally wouldve said that not all of it was mine and let the bank figure out how to handle it- I always beleive in crh karma

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure id be ok with "accepting" that much extra- im sure who ever dumped them wasnt a crh so they probably didnt know how much they had but if they were a crh and told the bank they were off by $100+ you know they will be looking to adjust his account once bag count is taken- If it wouldve been $10-20 id wouldve kept it but that much I personally wouldve said that not all of it was mine and let the bank figure out how to handle it- I always beleive in crh karma ------------------------------------- just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

The coins that are rejected are not counted at all so who ever dumped them and didn't notice the coins they dumped were off by a 106$ does
Not deserve them. If it was a coin roll hunter then they should have noticed the bag was in the way of the chute so they should have said something. Rejected coins are fair game sorry. Missing a 100+ $ after dumping should have raised red flags and they would have opened the machine and noticed they were all being blocked by the bag. Common sense. If it was not a CRH and I'm guessing it was not then again should have been a little more observant and said gee 100 plus dollars short. Nah ,BS ,no karma here .just stupid people . No different then the 14 year old that brings in 3 rolls of 1964 Kennedy's and you buy them at face value.

Holmes08

Greenie
Nov 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO KARMA HERE

How ever the little old lady that brought those quarters in and had a hard time dumping them b/c they were so heavy, and she was so tired and couldnt see. I dont think id be okay keeping a $100 of her money b/c she had to cash in her piggy bank to pay her rent. Shes old and doesnt know how the machine works. A couple dollars YES that much NO thanks, i did enjoy the cheap shot you took at all CRHers though about the 14 year old that was awesome

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank isn't going to "sort out who it belongs to". It's going to "deposit it in the bank's general ledger". Who knows where the coins came from? The bag could have been blocking the chute for days. Finder's keepers, nice score!

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank isn't going to "sort out who it belongs to". It's going to "deposit it in the bank's general ledger". Who knows where the coins came from? The bag could have been blocking the chute for days. Finder's keepers, nice score!

Thanks. I think some people dont understand that the money would have just went to the bank. No one knew that it was there. Its found money. And not for nothing those machines take way more than they give. that machine has probably screwed people out of thousands and thousands since its been there.

Holmes, since you seen a little old lady walk in with a bag of quarters that was so tired and couldnt see please send me her information and i will gladly refund her money.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I love checking the chute during and after my dumps. There are certain banks I frequent and they know me now so they think nothing of me "being extra thorough". One of these banks is one where I usually can find coins blocked up the chute behind a bag. The other day I had less than 200 assorted coins to drop but one of the bags still filled so the teller opened the machine, took out the bag and scooped up the rejects into the counter. I had already pulled out a few handfuls from the chute prior to that. And I know that few, if any, of those coins was mine because I've never been to Australia or France. :thumbsup:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not sure id be ok with "accepting" that much extra- im sure who ever dumped them wasnt a crh so they probably didnt know how much they had but if they were a crh and told the bank they were off by $100+ you know they will be looking to adjust his account once bag count is taken- If it wouldve been $10-20 id wouldve kept it but that much I personally wouldve said that not all of it was mine and let the bank figure out how to handle it- I always beleive in crh karma ------------------------------------- just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I think accepting the extra would be the only way to go. If you refused the extra it seems very unlikely the person who lost it could get it back. Bank would keep it.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
NO KARMA HERE

How ever the little old lady that brought those quarters in and had a hard time dumping them b/c they were so heavy, and she was so tired and couldnt see. I dont think id be okay keeping a $100 of her money b/c she had to cash in her piggy bank to pay her rent. Shes old and doesnt know how the machine works. A couple dollars YES that much NO thanks, i did enjoy the cheap shot you took at all CRHers though about the 14 year old that was awesome

Judging by this statement it shows you know little or nothing about how the reject coins are handled at td. Thanks for trying though

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
woo hoo! dont listen to the naysayers! we keep the old ladies silver half dollars so why not her change! ;) nice snag.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Im not sure id be ok with "accepting" that much extra- im sure who ever dumped them wasnt a crh so they probably didnt know how much they had but if they were a crh and told the bank they were off by $100+ you know they will be looking to adjust his account once bag count is taken-
If it wouldve been $10-20 id wouldve kept it but that much I personally wouldve said that not all of it was mine and let the bank figure out how to handle it- I always beleive in crh karma

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

If by the bank handling it you mean the bank taking it then yes he could have handed the bank 100 of customers money

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it. It helps make up for at least some of the many times when dimes count as pennies, or other miscounts that leave you short.

The bank won't lose money as they never officially counted it. Anything in the reject slot is fair game in my opinion. It also probably was not all from one person, but instead from many people, so no one ever noticed and no one will care.

I had a machine fail once where the hopper was misaligned and some coins could fall inside the machine but not be counted. I noticed it and pointed it out and ended up with an extra $50 or so in mostly pennies, dimes, and nickels. In my case, some of the change was mine, but regardless the bank has no way to know where the change came from, nor do they really care so long as they don't lose money on the transaction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread