mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, Merc here. Went out hunting today with $600 in cwr dimes. I had 400 in one bag and 200 in another. ( I use tool bags to carry my coin. When I first started hunting tellers wanted to know what I was there to fix. Lol) Anyway I grabbed the one with 200 and walked into TD. I didn't think they would have that many but they did. Cool. Off I go to the next bank, another TD. Walked into that one with 400 and surprise, I traded them all. Now I'm out of dimes to trade but hit a couple more banks looking for halves. Ended up with one 40%. When I arrived home I started the search. My first step is always to weigh the rolls and set aside the ones that don't weigh the right amount, which usually means the count is off. ( when I trade rolls I know they all are the correct count) I tend to find more rolls over than under. When the rolls are over it means there are over 50 coins or there is silver in the roll. I got really excited when one of the first I checked weighed 124 grams and it didn't appear to be overfilled. I unfolded one end and spotted silver. Dumped it into my hand on edge and it's all beautiful white edges. I've been waiting for this day and it finally came. On my way into work I stopped again at the first TD and asked the same teller if she had more. And she did. 200 more. I'll check them after work. 14 of the dimes were mercs! Biggest one day merc haul and most dimes ever in one day. In one week for that matter. I'll update later if I find more. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• image-1660613703.jpg
    image-1660613703.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 139
  • image-44069848.jpg
    image-44069848.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 183
  • image-2253326015.jpg
    image-2253326015.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on finding your first solid roll. Even better that almost a third of them were Merc's. It's been quite a while since I've had a solid roll score. I've never had a solid dime roll score before but I was just thinking it will be three years ago tomorrow (on 9-3-11) that I had my best score ever - 3 solid rolls of Walkers and Bens. Although its been quite a while, I can still remember the thrill of scoring a solid roll. Good luck on the rest of the rolls too.

H$H!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saweeeet
Hoping the others yeild more great finds

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really awesome - don't see many solid dime rolls. Congrats!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very nice! I also have that same kind of scale as you do, its cheap and does the job :)

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Solid dime rolls just look beautiful, man. I don't know why, but they are just more appealing to my eye than a solid roll of halves.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely georgeous!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come one merc dontleave us hanging what was In the others

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The closest thing I have ever found to a "SWEET" roll like that was at a donut shop getting a dozen sweet rolls. What is the brand, make, model, of that scale? I've been wanting to get one for a while.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Merc, super find there! Those a waaaay rarer to find than a solid half roll, way to go!:hello2: HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't had a chance to get back till now but finished with my hunt for the week and unfortunately, didn't get anymore solid rolls. But even without the solid roll, it was a good week. 65 silver coins. Think that's my best week ever.

Attachments

• image-2206402672.jpg
    image-2206402672.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on finding your first solid roll. Even better that almost a third of them were Merc's. It's been quite a while since I've had a solid roll score. I've never had a solid dime roll score before but I was just thinking it will be three years ago tomorrow (on 9-3-11) that I had my best score ever - 3 solid rolls of Walkers and Bens. Although its been quite a while, I can still remember the thrill of scoring a solid roll. Good luck on the rest of the rolls too. H$H!

Thanks silverface. I'd love to find a solid 90% roll of halves as my next solid roll. I'll keep at it and hopefully, it will come.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow very nice! I also have that same kind of scale as you do, its cheap and does the job :)

Thanks BB. Yes the scale is cheap but essential equipment.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Solid dime rolls just look beautiful, man. I don't know why, but they are just more appealing to my eye than a solid roll of halves.

Thanks MM. Yes it was a beautiful sight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread