COIN ROLL HUNTERS>>HELP PLEASE

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
ETRAC, Garrett 2500, Garrett Pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI Guys....I have recently started coin roll hunting, have had a lot of fun.....found 13 silver half dollars so far in a little less than a 1000.00 worth searched......here is my question.........obviously, I had a lot of luck at one particular place while other places have apparently had tellers who look for the coins, is it worth just ordering from the mint?----do people have success ordering that way or is that not a good thing to do? I Read somewhere the fed is trying to get all silver out of circulation...is that true?

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure, ordering coin at your bank is a great way to keep the volume coming. Normally though, the coin doesn't come directly from the mint. It comes from local coin processing centers, delivered by carriers such as Brinks.

The Fed doesn't need to pull silver from circulation. They can artificially create billions of dollars at the drop of a hat.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
The Fed doesn't need to pull silver from circulation. They can artificially create billions of dollars at the drop of a hat.

Which has directly and indirectly been the primary source of so many of the world's worst problems over the past century including the financing and enabling of two world wars and the deaths of millions of lives worldwide. Real money can never be created, that's mainly what gives real money its value. Fiat currency only creates grave problems and poverty for the masses.

"Give me control over a nation's currency, and I care not who makes its laws." - Baron Rothschild

"Paper is poverty. It is only the ghost of money, and not money itself " - Thomas Jefferson

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you read the beginners guide which can be found in the stickies section up top?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which has directly and indirectly been the primary source of so many of the world's worst problems over the past century including the financing and enabling of two world wars and the deaths of millions of lives worldwide. Real money can never be created, that's mainly what gives real money its value. Fiat currency only creates grave problems and poverty for the masses.

"Give me control over a nation's currency, and I care not who makes its laws." - Baron Rothschild

"Paper is poverty. It is only the ghost of money, and not money itself " - Thomas Jefferson

Ditto & Amen!

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
[Federal gov'ts ability to print money] has directly and indirectly been the primary source of so many of the world's worst problems over the past century including the financing and enabling of two world wars and the deaths of millions of lives worldwide.

Not only has it financed and enabled two world wars... The dollar being the global reserve currency is also partially the cause of our most recent endeavors in the Middle East (along with competition for resources, see OIL). The U.S. will do anything it has to do to protect the dollar's reserve status and thus the ability to print them indiscriminately.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Some of the banks that have tellers that hunt for silver is a waste of time for me, if I'm looking for customer turned in rolls. I still order boxes from them but asking for loose halves is a waste as I know they are all picked over. Don't be afraid to order a box or two and give it a try.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well said :)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Fiat currency? No problem for me, everyone wanting to dump theirs - just PM me and I will send a SASE to make things easy :laughing7:

I'll use it to fund roll hunting

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Fiat currency? No problem for me, everyone wanting to dump theirs - just PM me and I will send a SASE to make things easy :laughing7:

I'll use it to fund roll hunting

Yes we all use fiat currency for our CRHing hobby and to pay for nearly all of our daily and monthly expenses. But the use of fiat currency is a major fundamental problem for everyone. The only ones who really benefit from fiat currency are politicians who rely on it to fund and support their personal and political agendas and the overall government who use it to finance the welfare and warfare state.

Free market capitalism and money (real sound money) are two of mankind's greatest inventions. The fact that neither one are allowed to operate and function properly as they should is the most egregious crime against humanity in the history of the world.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI Guys....I have recently started coin roll hunting, have had a lot of fun.....found 13 silver half dollars so far in a little less than a 1000.00 worth searched......here is my question.........obviously, I had a lot of luck at one particular place while other places have apparently had tellers who look for the coins, is it worth just ordering from the mint?----do people have success ordering that way or is that not a good thing to do? I Read somewhere the fed is trying to get all silver out of circulation...is that true?

Mercury1 is trying to get all the silver out of circulation, not the fed.

OP
OP
P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
ETRAC, Garrett 2500, Garrett Pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pretty funny merc....so your behind the silver conspiracy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread