Results, box of pennies 4/6/07

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
The latest box of pennies has been searched!
New personal records have been set, for both highs and lows.
Drum roll, please --

Wheaties: 4 (my lowest box count ever) 1920 1944 1955D 1957D;

Copper (1959-1981): 786 (my highest box count ever; included 2 rolls that were 100% copper, and 4 other rolls that were all copper except for a few);

Canadian: 109 (my highest box count ever), of which 101 were copper (including a 1950 King George penny, the Canadian equivalent of a wheatie);

Other foreign: 0;

Error coins - a 1992D with a minor delamination open blister on the obverse.

The 786 additional copper pennies brings my copper penny count up to 13,094, or approximately 87.09 pounds worth. With such a low wheatie count and with 6 rolls that were all or mostly copper pennies, I have a feeling that I was searching someone else's rejects. At least they were not copper collectors!! Some of the pennies in the copper rolls were in AU or BU condition. Nice additions to my Whitman folders!

HH all,
Bob

Upvote 0

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wow Bob, that is a lot of Canadian pennies. I hardly find them at all any more. In the last 3 boxes worth I think I've got 2 of them is all.
That's a lot of coppers you have so far!

OP
OP
HobBob

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
scotto said:
Wow Bob, that is a lot of Canadian pennies. I hardly find them at all any more. In the last 3 boxes worth I think I've got 2 of them is all.
That's a lot of coppers you have so far!
If it seems like I find a lot of Canadian coinage, it's because I live about 20 miles or so from the Canadian border. We see lots of Ontario license plates driving down the roads all the time here in the greater Detroit area, and there are two major border crossings in Detroit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread