First CRH Experience, Not Disappointed!

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I literally did not sleep last night, I was on this website reading through 32 pages of threads! This hobby really struck me as something that could be a blast. I have always been interested in coins and bills that are different, and big coins that you don't get to see often. Well after reading all night, I decided today I would go around to the banks around me and see what halves they had.

Bank 1 only had a few in the draw - nothing
Bank 2 had a couple dollars - nothing
Bank 3 had 3 rolls that I bought - again nothing.

I read enough of the threads to know silver takes time, and not to be disappointed. I was a little discouraged to find out that if I wanted to start this hobby, I was going to have to invest $500 because no banks here just carry halves.

I went to one other bank around me was told they didn't have any, but that their other branch (10 miles away) has boxes of them. I had a feeling this was going to be someones dump spot but I thought I might as well check it out. Drove to the branch and was able to get 10 rolls from them.

Well I did pretty good on the last roll of the bunch! Just so you know I did keep one half from each year because I want a date range collection.

This is the lot of them...

These are the ones I pulled for my personal collection...

I got these in my hunt, these are worth FV but I think they are awesome!

Now to the stuff that stood out...

2007, 2012, and the other 2012 are just interesting to me.
1967, and 1967 40% halves, and a weird 2009 silver looking half.

Any idea on these one? It stands out from the other clad but the edge is not silver.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! 2002 and newer halves are not intended for circulation (nifc). Also 1987 halves are not intended for circulation.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The 1972 Eisenhower could be a less common type (you have to look closely at the islands off the coast of Florida). Also, the 2009 P is just an NIFC. If it has an S mint mark, then you have found a proof which are fun to find but not worth much unless it's a silver proof where the edge will determine that.

Keep on rolling.

OP
OP
Squatch2401

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome thanks for the information guys. I really enjoyed the hunt, I can't wait to get some more rolls!

OP
OP
Squatch2401

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now the search for a dump bank starts, didn't think about that.... haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread