Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
It Ain't Silver, But

Haven't had any finds for a while now, having to cut out the halves boxes since last year after sustaining a back injury on top of a deteriorating knee. But I have been hitting the tellers every now and then for customer-returned rolls, and I have found a few 40% halves that way. Mostly though its cents, nickels and dimes that are turned in. A few Ikes hither and yon but nothing worthwhile. Until I get the knee fixed I'm limited as to how much I can carry how far.

Today, however, my luck took a pleasant turn. Doing the latest batch of cents and nickels and I found......

(drum roll please)

A 1903 V nickel! Very worn, no chance of finding a mint mark if there is one, and only the stars on the left-hand side of the face remain. The back is smooth all around the edges but the V is reasonably intact (which is how I spotted it). Fortunately the date is very clear. Based on condition alone it might be worth 50 cents to the right buyer, but its only the 2nd V nickel ever. I'll take it!

Rascal

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Rascal, nice find! Sorry to hear about the knee, I have back problems and some days are a nightmare for me to carry boxes into and out of the bank so I can simpathize(spelling) with you, good luck. HH, Maverick.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!!! No need to look for a mint mark...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread