just started to coin roll...59 too late... my brother had a paper route when he was

Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 and I helped out also out also at age 10... we both had a very nice coin collection in 1965 and a few years after and it was growing very fast as 100% of the people paid in cash...I will not say how much we have but any collector would drop his jaw...pennies, ih, nickels, dimes, quarters, halfs, dollars, lots of silver certificates, plus as you guessed it, lots of silver, I did bring it to a coin shop to see how much we could get, he gave us a price and then I said I would think about it...he was about 90% off on every coin...he just gave me a silver value and not collector price which I can understand....so I have decided to try my luck at coin roll hunting...I do metal detect but it is hard on my trunk area of my stomach since I was struck with a virus called transverse myelitis (spinal cord injury from virus and not trama) 4 years ago and was paralyzed from the waste down for one 3 months and I did come back about 80% and I can walk but with a little limp and I lost some of my nerves from the waste down...at least I can walk...ok sorry about the story but im just happy to be living...
i have started to cr pennies and have found 4 or 5 Wheaties per 20 rolls of pennies...what else should i cr in? nickels, dimes...what is the best...

thanks in advance,
Gary

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything can be good to search! Just gotta be lucky :)

HH

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't bring the coins back where you got them, or give out too much info about the hobby to the tellers, or you might find yourself without a source of coins!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It all depends on how deep into the hobby you want to get. Cash tie-up, time, patience, and what is your primary purpose( investment, or just dabble into it). Do you still have your big stash of coins from the 60's, if so continue where you left off. CRH is what you make of it, and no specific rules of what you have to do. It's your money, your time, your interest.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cents are the most fun for building a collection it seems. If you are looking for a small investment, get a penny book (Whitman, Littleton, etc) and you can start filling it up. I don't think I'll ever get all of them, but as I get new wheats, I double check condition and replace. It's a fun thing to do. Got a 1936 S last week, a new hole filler.

OP
OP
M
Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks so much, yes I still have my big stash from the sixties...

Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread