Other
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, I know that pawn shops in my area are generally rip-offs when buying and selling, and the cash for gold places don't sell their silver coins either.
I stopped in several shops recently. Most didn't have coins but had bullion at $5 over spot.

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a pawn shop that will sell me bullion and circulated silver, but only if I don't deal with the in house coin employee. When I dealt with him and asked about buying some beat up dimes, he told me he would not sell silver with the way the price has trended these last few weeks. I came back a week and a half later and had no trouble making a silver purchase.

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Just visited a pawn shop a week ago and they offered $2.50 for each 90% half dollar. What a good deal! Nottttt

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked out a pawn shop in my area and it was pretty bad. It had one ounce rounds at $34.00 and junk silver coins were ridiculous. I will keep looking though!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found an Antique Shop had junk silver for $15 per $1 face value excluding silver dollars. The Silver dollars were priced at $21.

So I picked out a few decent condition walkers and ben's at 7.50 each.

I'm sure I'll go back and get some more just waiting to see if silver keeps dropping, cause I will keep stacking more.

Pete

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few bum shops wanting 10 times or more the current spot on some really blah coins, hit one on the far side of the county that had a few decent coins reasonable priced. Bought a couple 1 oz OPM rounds for 17 each. I figured spot was fair to pay just to stack.

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
I found a pawnshop in my area that sells 10% over spot prices. Picked up 3 2012 Chinese Pandas and a 1987 Silver Eagle for $19.50 each. Will be back soon to look through their "junk" silver. Lots of walkers and barbers.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread