Nice finds

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I work on the road and happened through the lovely town of Murfreesboro, TN today. Stopped at a few banks. First bank had over $600 in halves, I bought them all and it looked like someone's re-wraps. Went through them anyway and found, you guessed it, NOTHING. The end if this thread is for the person whose dump I picked up today, haha.

Now, here's where it gets good.

A few banks later I stop at BoA in the old town area, asked for halves. Teller says she has $7 worth and then asked how many I want. I replied with "as many as you are willing to part with". She runs to her vault and brings back 8 rolls. Just to make small talk I ask how often they get them in and she rolls her eyes and says, "never, but this old couple has been bring in their coins to me the last two weeks, and they are so proud because they are rolling them themselves. I tried not to let my jaw hit the floor and asked if she had more of their change. She did and was so glad to sell them to me. I bought $260 in dimes, $6 in nickels, and the $87 in halves. Ended up with 146 40's, 2 90's, 2 war nicks, and 11 Rosie's.

Now, here's the kicker, I have since moved on in my travels, so to whomever may live near by. I didn't buy the quarters and I am kicking myself for not. I can't guarantee silver but there may be a few in there. The teller had rolls of them. Please go get them and let me know what you find. At least just a PM would be great, that way you don't disclose your location to everyone, it's just driving my nuts not knowing what in those quarter rolls, haha.

P.S. Sorry to hear about all these banks dropping people. Hang in there!

HH

image-1090807259.jpg

Upvote 0

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't belive you hit part of my territory! I was going to Murfreesboro in the next couple of weeks and do a bank run. Looks like you got the good stuff. I think I can find it in my heart to forgive you though. lol.

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a great score! Hopefully someone else here will be able to get a nice quarter score from that bank too. And who knows, maybe that same old couple still has more coins they'll be bringing into that bank. Hopefully Hunter612 or someone here will be able to find out for sure. Sounds like it might be worth a road trip if its not too far for someone.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Too bad you didn't get the quarters. I'd go get them, but that's about 3 days' drive for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread