LOL, just my luck....

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
I'm at home watching my daughter and suddenly the phone rings. I answer and it was a teller from a bank that I go to frequently. She's apologizing for not being able to order any halves for me because they were out of halves since August. She goes on saying: "I did get a lot of really old half dollars this morning and I'm not sure if you're interested in them". I'm like, Whoa! When I get there, I'm standing in line and i can hear the distinct sound of silver clanking. Sure enough, when I get to the teller window, the teller is counting out Franklin halves for me............$62.50 worth! $3 in 1964s, $5.50 in 40% & $2.00 clad. No pictures this time. It will make you sick to your stomach, LOL. Good luck everyone. Be nice to the tellers. Pick up bank or dump. They will pay you back in the long run. HH

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome luck!

I need to move where you are, you seem to get a great find every week!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtf?! 60 in frankies - nice work!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I'm done vomiting now..... Nice score junbug, that is an awesome score that doesn't come along everyday (or week or month or year)! HH, Maverick. P.S. A pic would have been awesome :tongue3:.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, you've sure had incredible beginners luck with this hobby. And it seems like your incredible beginners luck never ends. Congrats on another great score!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
And the teller calling to tell you she has a monster score like this for you to come p/u is about as good as it gets lol. You must be rolling in silver now. All these great scores you've had in just the last several months is amazing. Coingrats again!

OP
OP
jun808bug

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
Thanks everyone and I'm always wishing everyone the best of luck. I did not believe this score myself, until I was standing in line. When I waved to the teller, she made the signal to come to her window. From the line, I can hear her pulling out the "silver" from her can. The branch is located next to a pizza shop, so I immediately bought everyone in the bank lunch right after the transaction. I'm looking forward to the next time they call me back again, LOL.

image-3954192183.jpg

1 pic....

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap nice score! Also nice touch with the pizza

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread