silver $5oz

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just simply think that is virtual impossibility. The U.S. is the largest debtor nation in the history of the world, with the largest trade deficits in the world and we are completely dependent on the productivity of the rest of the world and foreign central banks buying our treasuries and USDs. This con has being going on for way too long already. But that doesn't mean that it will continue indefinitely. The hyped financial panic of '08 is nothing compared to the real financial crisis that's coming. The economy has only gotten much worse since then with all this artificial stimulus and growing debt.

I know that Im one of the few voices of reason in an economic world gone mad. But ignoring reality and creating and living in an illusionary economy doesn't mean that reality doesn't really exist. Eventually we will be forced to return to some sort of economic reality which will mean some sort of return to sound money. And that time is getting nearer and nearer everyday. Ponzi schemes don't and cant last forever. This one has lasted so long because its the largest one in world history. Bernie Madoff is a novice compared to our Federal government and the Fed. But he's in federal prison while our politicians and the Fed are generally still viewed as patriotic concerned public servants doing whats best for the citizens of this country. When in reality nothing could be further from the truth.

H$H!

you do know that of the US debt only about 30% is owned by foreign interests right?

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
you do know that of the US debt only about 30% is owned by foreign interests right?

Im not sure of the actual exact % but I know the Fed owns most of the US bonds. So Im not sure I understand your point. You think its better that the Fed is the largest buyer of US treasuries?

Correction: The Fed may not own most of the US bonds but they have been the largest buyer of US treasuries for some time now.

Last edited:

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If silver went to $5 an ounce, how many of you would hunt, buy or both? Would you reduce the volume you hunted?

:coffee2: I don't buy now & I wouldn't buy than. I wouldn't reduce the volume that I hunt either. I would continue coin roll hunting as this is a hobby for me. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt & as a bonus it gets me out of the house, meeting people when I dump & keeps my brain sharp as I look at the dates & remember who was president at the time & what were the significant events at that time in history. As others have said, it's a big kick when I see a silver rim in my hand among all the clad. I wouldn't reduce the volume that I hunt either.
HH
Gary

Last edited:

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just simply think that is virtual impossibility. The U.S. is the largest debtor nation in the history of the world, with the largest trade deficits in the world and we are completely dependent on the productivity of the rest of the world and foreign central banks buying our treasuries and USDs. This con has being going on for way too long already. But that doesn't mean that it will continue indefinitely. The hyped financial panic of '08 is nothing compared to the real financial crisis that's coming. The economy has only gotten much worse since then with all this artificial stimulus and growing debt.

I know that Im one of the few voices of reason in an economic world gone mad. But ignoring reality and creating and living in an illusionary economy doesn't mean that reality doesn't really exist. Eventually we will be forced to return to some sort of economic reality which will mean some sort of return to sound money. And that time is getting nearer and nearer everyday. Ponzi schemes don't and cant last forever. This one has lasted so long because its the largest one in world history. Bernie Madoff is a novice compared to our Federal government and the Fed. But he's in federal prison while our politicians and the Fed are generally still viewed as patriotic concerned public servants doing whats best for the citizens of this country. When in reality nothing could be further from the truth.

H$H!

:coffee2: + 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread