First Barber and a Couple Other Mentionables

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Check it out, did a couple boxes over the weekend and pulled out my first Barber! The two boxes also yielded three Bens, a Walker and eight 40%ers.

IMAG0267_1.jpg IMAG0268_1.jpg

I know there was a thread recently discussing the Barber ratio and it that seems I've been very lucky to find one! I've been pulling several older silvers from last week's order and have three boxes left... upped my order for this week as well in hoping to cull anything else that might've been dumped!

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grats on the barber, i remember my first was pretty exciting, think i've only found 4 in the wild to date. That lady is looking pretty fine as well!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
You just found a free Barber dime in the coin counter and now a Barber half - congrats! That Walker sure looks like a beauty too! You're definitely getting a nice supply of boxes. Over 43 ozs of silver in just over 3 months is some great hunting! Hope the good boxes keep coming for you!

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all. The Walker is in at least Fine condition, it's very nice! Probably my favorite design, it's beautiful. And SF, it is amazing that I found the Barber dime earlier :goldcoin:for free:goldcoin: and now the half. I ended up breaking two records for my oldest finds in less than a week. Here's hoping you're next to score one SF!

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the barber. I have never found one crh.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome week! I am still awaiting my first ever barber half dollar, I have found a couple barber dimes in the past, though.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Welcome to the club!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Such an exciting find, I know how rare it is to come across one. It was an AWESOME week indeed BB! I had my best box last Wednesday w/21 silvers, scored a Barber dime from a reject chute, and scored these great finds last night. There are still three boxes left to be searched from this order, and they're just sitting at home waiting for me... I have an itch I need to scratch!!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Congrats on the Barber. I was really serious about CRH about 4 years ago....ordered a couple of boxes a week for almost 2 years. Finally got burned out at the non-stop skunks I was getting.

That said, I never found a Barber. I think the oldest half I ever found was 1918.

So you are one of the few....the proud.....
:thumbsup:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the Barber. I was really serious about CRH about 4 years ago....ordered a couple of boxes a week for almost 2 years. Finally got burned out at the non-stop skunks I was getting.

That said, I never found a Barber. I think the oldest half I ever found was 1918.

So you are one of the few....the proud.....
:thumbsup:

I got burnt out a couple of years ago myself with a rather long skunk streak too (for me anyway) but got the urge to start ordering more boxes again about a year or so ago. Ive never found a Barber yet either and my oldest non commem half was a 1918 also that I got in a box in early 2012.

Btw, the Maltese Falcon is a classic movie (1941 Bogart version) and probably one of my favorite movies of all time (as well as The Big Sleep). They sure don't make movies like that anymore.

Hope you had more good luck with those last 3 boxes Avago. I'd wish you good luck but I don't think you need it. You've already got a lucky charm gf CRHer that sure seems to be working out great for you lol.

H$H!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions