Big quarter score!!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been absent from CRH for three weeks while work has been busy and dump banks have been few. I had the good fortune of stopping by a local credit union for work purposes. I've stopped by this place numerous times and bought coin bags from them before. I noted my absence, and one of the tellers casually noted they had someone bring in silver quarters today. That's the first time I've heard that!
She offered to pull them from the bag on the coin counter while I went about my work errands, and told me I can pick them up at my earliest convenience. So I did that. Sure enough, I walk in and there is $10 face of silver quarters in a ziploc bag. I also bought the quarter bag that was filled up previously in the day, and it's a good thing I did. It was a continuation of what was on the coin counter...another 38 silver quarters!
Total score - 72 silver Washingtons, 5 dateless SLQs, and 1 1960 Canadian. I'm buying every bag off that coin counter in the coming week just in case there is more!

image-577359186.jpg

image-1018236382.jpg

image-816692127.jpg

image-2641004262.jpg

image-1661474526.jpg

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me too, totally lurkin this thread.

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I did kind of leave you guys hanging. The teller said that she didn't notice anything in the half dollars, but I'm not so sure that that means there wasn't halves dumped that day. I still haven't brought in half dollars to fill up the bag, but I will tomorrow. I finally ordered halves again - it's been 4 weeks since my last order and they came in today!

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score!!!!

Any low mintage Mercs?
Not that silver isn't good enough.

No good dates. There was a worn Merc, but it was just a common date from the 30s.
I'm so happy for the high silver count, but it feels like forever ago. Must find more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread