Too good of night not to make my first post on here...

Halhansen

Greenie
Jun 24, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
X-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night my 2 boys, my father, and I got a box of halves. We have a standing order for every Wednesday. The most silver we have ever pulled from a box was 13.... Until now! Last night, we pulled out 201 silver halves! 18 90%, and 183 40%. $574.48 melt value at yesterday's prices. It was like a dream. Couldn't stop thinking about it all day! Hopefully the pic posts. Just eager to share that experience with like minded individuals.

image.jpg

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget the silver, what I find here more important than AG is some precious moments that you were spending with your dad & sons together, on something you all had in common, the fun & enjoyment. I wish my dad was around right now, and also some of my grown up children to share the same sort of experiences. Thanks for sharing with me, it brings back long ago memories of back in the 1960's when my dad & I started collecting. A great find, a moment in time, and lasting memories. I'm sure you & your boys will talk about this finding adventure long after your dad is gone. Cherish it!!!!!

OP
OP
H

Halhansen

Greenie
Jun 24, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
X-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget the silver, what I find here more important than AG is some precious moments that you were spending with your dad & sons together, on something you all had in common, the fun & enjoyment. I wish my dad was around right now, and also some of my grown up children to share the same sort of experiences. Thanks for sharing with me, it brings back long ago memories of back in the 1960's when my dad & I started collecting. A great find, a moment in time, and lasting memories. I'm sure you & your boys will talk about this finding adventure long after your dad is gone. Cherish it!!!!!

Spot on dozer! We also have a standing order for a box of dimes each week. We hadn't had much luck for about 4 weeks in a row and I toyed with the idea of stopping it for a while. But for that exact reason, time with the boys, I couldn't stop it when it came down to it. We have too much fun together! Thanks for pointing out the most important point of all of this.

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal, congrats ! May I ask what part of PA , I'm from NE PA and curious if were close.

OP
OP
H

Halhansen

Greenie
Jun 24, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
X-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal, congrats ! May I ask what part of PA , I'm from NE PA and curious if were close.
Hi terryin, we're in erie pa. Right near the lake. Got two boxes of halves the following week and found 3 40%... then last week we went back to one box and got none. My son and I do dimes as well and pulled 3 last night so that was nice because we had gone quite a few weeks in a row with none. I was afraid he was going to lose interest right before the winter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread