Bag situation

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped my bags off at BOA the same one I always use. I have never had a problem. This time I dropped off a 500$ bag and a 1000$ bag. I only ordered 3 boxes a couple weeks ago. I noticed on Tuesday only the 500$ bag got credited. I called the bank and they told me they will call the coin supplier and find out what's going on. They got back to me and said we had to open a case because the bag is missing! What the hell. I need that 1000$ I'm getting married next weekend! I don't know what to do. Any advice? Similar experience? Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dropped hundreds of bags of coin with BOA without issue. In my area, they do give me a receipt. Did they give you a receipt? Have you spoke with the teller who helped you when you dropped the two bags? You might want to keep it fresh on his/her mind in case it's not resolved.

Unless there is outright theft going on by a BOA or courier employee, I would expect they'll get it figured out.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do have some sort of receipt I assume? If not, you're very possibly screwed unless they locate the bag.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Request that they view the security footage. It will be evident that you entered with 2 bags.
The bag is supposed to have a tracking number + bar code. Did they give you the tear off?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a chase freedom credit card - they have a $2500 no interest for 6 months intruduciton.

Put some of the wedding charges on that.

That is what I would do...lol

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have all the receipts , the paper one and the plastic bag tear offs. Today they said what they are going to do is credit my account the 1000$ tomorrow and then basically they are going to deal with the coin supplier. The teller there knows me well and I'm always nice to them. She said she knows I gave her 2 bags and not to worry. At least that's some good news. I have to say it's a shitty situation though. From now on I am going to have them make a note on the receipt about a said to contain amount.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
This is yet another example of sloppy careless negligent service from coin suppliers. Its stories like these that make me even more cautious about ever using bag deposit service. Even with receipts I just don't trust my coins being taken to another location and counted by these often careless inaccurate coin supply companies and having to wait days to find out if my coins were hopefully counted and deposited accurately. But it sounds like in your case at least that the bank knows that this is an obvious negligent mistake by the coin supplier and hopefully your only loss from this transaction will be the unnecessary extra time, grief and aggravation the coin supply company has caused everyone involved in this situation. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread