Balboas?

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Balboa's?

I remember reading a lot of the old posts and hearing people talk about how Balboa's were bad luck. I found another one today along with a Franklin and a handful of 40%ers. I looked back at my records and 6 of my last 10 Balboa's were accompanied with Silver coins. 3 of the last 4 came with pre-'64 silver. Whenever I find Balboa's I assume silver's coming. Does anyone really think they're a bad sign?

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the Panamonian mafia (of Panama of course) realized that CRH'n wasn't profitable any more and went back to drug trafficking.

When they were active though, they made sure to put balboas in the rolls so CRH'ers would know not to mess with them,

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Balboa is one of the most beautiful foreign silver coins! How could someone say it's bad luck?

My first 3 40% silver balboas came within a batch of 10 solid rolls of silvers several years ago.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Balboa is one of the most beautiful foreign silver coins! How could someone say it's bad luck?

My first 3 40% silver balboas came within a batch of 10 solid rolls of silvers several years ago.

Very nice. I'm not necessarily a fan of the design myself, but I do take them as a sign of a more virgin batch than typical. I'd love to find a silver Balboa.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think only 50 cent made up some stupid conspiracy convincing people that balboas were bad luck. In reality, I tend to find more with balboas in the boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread