jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say I ever heard of them till now.

However you said

"their commercial on TV always says "Everybody says it,
Treasure Hunt pays the most"

The fact they advertise on TV tells me They put out allot of Cash Buying TV Time.

there·fore realize they are Making much more money ,
then they are laying out

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually just went to one on Monday. They take a dollar off every silver coin. 40% they'd give 1.50 and 90% I think she said 5.00.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you folks who live in Pennsylvania/Ohio, have you ever had any dealings with Treasure Hunt when selling coins/jewelry/etc. I'm just curious because there are several around me and their commercial on TV always says "Everybody says it, Treasure Hunt pays the most" Just wanted to hear any experiences and what they pay for coins. Thanks

I haven't sold any coins to them but that is where I take all
My
Scrap gold. They were paying like 80% of spot last time I was in there and that is the highest I could find in this area

Bob

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of the precious metal refinerys pay out at 96%...

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of the precious metal refinerys pay out at 96%...

Don't they have minimum weights you have to send in. Like 1pz min for gold? Usually I am taking. A few grams here and there found with my detector or found at the thrift store

Treasure hunt was paying like 27.50 a dwt. For 14k. A few weeks ago. They also buy gold filled jewlerry for around .60 a dwt

They are real good for checking jewlery that is unknown. I have the acid tests at home and sometimes I'm just unsure even with the acid

They X-ray everything which makes for mich faster transactions. And less room
For error. On someone doing an acid test. Mainly I use them for convenience. Than dealing with sending it in to someone

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunt is down the road from a PNC I occasionally go to. They have told the tellers to bring any silver they've sniped down to their store!:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread