Neat Find at Bank but it is Not a Coin

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Around 150$ it is a number 2 so it is the least valuable of the twelve banks but I still love it

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool! the oldest bill I have received in change was a 1934 series $10, $50 & $100 on separate occasions.
If you know which bank you got it from, perhaps you get them to save the "older" bills for you. I have a few banks that do that for me.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around 150$ it is a number 2 so it is the least valuable of the twelve banks but I still love it

Nice find, but I believe your $150 estimate is a tad high. Unless uber rare, notes just don't bring what you'd expect and what value they do have is very condition sensitive. The writing on your bill hurts the condition grade badly.

I did a quick search of completed listings on ebay and found notes like yours, but in better condition selling for less than $100. I personally think you'd be lucky to get $75 for yours.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Yeah you are right I did not look at the grade value I might have read it as uncirculated yeah I am new to the paper currency world

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you maybe I will find more in the near future who says lightning can't strike twice!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread