Now I have it, now I dont

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at my local gas station the other night, you know the one I had a posting several weeks ago about the cashier having a great RACK (of silver coins that is). Well this time she had a nice white Washington in her rack and I asked if I could buy it at face value. She said sure, and we exchanged monies. Put it in my pocket to take out later at home. On the way, wife and I stopped at our local McDonald's, got a few items, bill came out to $6.18, got a five & single out of my wallet, and a quick quarter out of my pocket. You guessed it, I had given the cashier the silver Washington cuz I didn't want to give some dimes & cents I had not checked out yet. Dummy me, I gave her $3.25 worth of AG for $.18 cents, It was a 1952-D. On the bright side however, last night Friday, stopped at another gas station I frequent that normally has a plastic candy jar that they throw in strange coins etc. I usually ask if they have any big Ike's or half dollars. Well this time she only had a few to give me (3). Well low & behold I see the back of one of them instantly as the big liberty bell on a Ben half. She asks if I want them all, which I politely said YES, exchanged money, and left with a small grin on my face. I'm still kicking myself for the quarter change error.

Upvote 0

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
easy come easy go **** happens

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Which is why I virtually NEVER spend my change, but check it over from the change jar before redeeming it. And when you make a regular practice of this you can give the ol' savings account a nice kick with what you cash in.

Rascal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions