The future of CRH & AG

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been into CRH (as a serious roll hunter) since early 2011, and a coin collector since the mid-1960's. And in those mere three years I have seen the level of AG findings drop dramatically. Are we as CHR's pulling off so much AG to make such a drastic decline & effect, or are there soooo many more of us out there then there was three years ago. I still enjoy this as a past-time hobby, but it does have its drawbacks as you all have witnessed yourselves. Your thoughts & comments on this subject for reading, not negative criticism.

Upvote 0

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure the hobby really took off in 2011 with the silver prices the way that they were. I can imagine getting almost $17 for a single '64 Kennedy half at the peak drew in a TON of hunters, especially while they were still plentiful.

I bet a lot of the junk silver that gets culled out makes its way back into circulation someway, somehow, but between the volume of hunters increasing and the increased hoarding of PMs after the 2008 collapse, there's just not as much out there as there probably used to be.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why I advocate for all coin roll hunters to practice 'catch and release'. You find it, record the coin you found and put it back into the wild. Otherwise this hobby won't be around for the future generations.

It's been a while since any new specie has been discovered, I speculate there will be some silver reserves found in Africa come 2020, and the price of silver will drop further.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Dying hobby. Only a matte of time before all pick ups are mainly skunks. Reason I follow the immortal words of rich. Get all you can while you can. All will be over soon

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dying hobby. Only a matte of time before all pick ups are mainly skunks. Reason I follow the immortal words of rich. Get all you can while you can. All will be over soon

It's gonna be all CWR soon. That's where your gonna find the most AG

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always scored WAY more in CWR , than boxes or bags ! that's gonna be the primary way I CRH from now on (occasional bag or box)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DozerD
Youtube/internet has killed crh- yes the # of crh has increased dramatically and even with silver so low I dont see the number of finds increasing- its definitely a dieing hobby

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread