First buffalo nickel!

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I stated this hobby over a year ago, I have never managed to find a buffalo nickel. I don't do as much volume as most people do, I probably average a box of nickels every two weeks. I picked up just 10 rolls of nickels, and upon opening the third roll, I see a familiar indian chief staring at me! I'm glad it has a date on it, but I can just barely read it. 1920 P! I found a few stunning condition Jeffersons that I needed, but no other keepers in the rolls. I am only seven coins off of completing a jefferson nickel set from CRH, which to me is much more rewarding than just buying the nickels. Here she is!!!!

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The hobby is "the thrill of the HUNT". Anyone can always go to a local coin shop and buy those needed to fill the holes, but it's a whole lot different when you can sit back years from now and say "I found these in the wild". HH

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on finding your first buffalo. Kinda strange though that it took so long for you to find your first. Hopefully you'll find your second one much sooner.

HH!

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! I actually just had my best nickel box the other day, no war nickels but the box had 15 buffalo nickels :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread