Box #2 From Yesterday......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started this box late last night and just finished it earlier. It was another good box....not as much variety as box #1 but a good box.

I also broke down and put all of my silver in a safety deposit box today. Instead of a lunch time run...that is what I did. I feel alot better now that it is tucked away in a vault for safe keeping. How many of you use these safety deposit boxes for your silver?

Anyway...here are the results from box #2......

1 -59
6 - 64's
3 - 65's
4 - 66's
10 - 67's
14 - 68's
9 - 69's

47 Total Keepers

Attachments

• P3130180.jpg
    P3130180.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 316
  • P3130181.jpg
    P3130181.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Another great score, and a sweet Frankie to boot!

I keep all my silver in the safe dep box as well. All my wheats too. My wife's grandmothers house burned to the ground some years ago, and they lost a lot of family pictures. Sadly most of my wifes baby pics were in the house. I have the negatives of every pic I've taken since my wife and I got together 23 years ago in the box, better safe than sorry.

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
lejeuene said:
Started this box late last night and just finished it earlier. It was another good box....not as much variety as box #1 but a good box.

I also broke down and put all of my silver in a safety deposit box today. Instead of a lunch time run...that is what I did. I feel alot better now that it is tucked away in a vault for safe keeping. How many of you use these safety deposit boxes for your silver?

Anyway...here are the results from box #2......

1 -59
6 - 64's
3 - 65's
4 - 66's
10 - 67's
14 - 68's
9 - 69's

47 Total Keepers

LJ that is fantastic! Where does your bank order their boxes from? Do you order them on a regular basis from the same bank? I've been thinking about ordering another couple of boxes from my bank but I wasn't too impressed with the results.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scotto said:
Another great score, and a sweet Frankie to boot!

I keep all my silver in the safe dep box as well. All my wheats too. My wife's grandmothers house burned to the ground some years ago, and they lost a lot of family pictures. Sadly most of my wifes baby pics were in the house. I have the negatives of every pic I've taken since my wife and I got together 23 years ago in the box, better safe than sorry.

Thanks Scott. Now that I have all of it in a safety deposit box I feel alot better. It will be there for a long time. That is a bummer about your wife's pictures. Great idea about the negatives too.....smart thinking.

[/quote]

LJ that is fantastic! Where does your bank order their boxes from? Do you order them on a regular basis from the same bank? I've been thinking about ordering another couple of boxes from my bank but I wasn't too impressed with the results.
[/quote]

Thanks KI. I have been getting my boxes from Chase who uses Brinks. Yes, I get them on a pretty regular basis. I have been ordering 2 boxes a week from 3 branches for a total of 6 boxes a week. I missed my two box order from two of the branches last week cuz I was out of town. Oh well, I will be back to six boxes again next week.

I went to a bank that I don't have an account with yesterday looking for halves which they didn't have any and they offered to order a box for me.....I am not sure if they knew I didn't have an account or not. They didn't ask and I didn't offer it, but it will be in next week and I am not sure who they use. I am curious to see how it turns out and who they use.

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
Hello Ma'am, I am glad that you chose the secure path for your accumulated wealth. I hope my quoting your totals in $ wasn't inappropriate. If so I apologize. But I'm still glad you did the SDB. If I ever get financially fit, I'm coming to LA and stealing a tiny bit of your thunder. LOL just joshin ya. Cody would never stand for a trip that long. BTW nice totals on the 2 days. Bongo

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
LJ!
You continue to amaze us!
You have the equivalent of the green thumb for silver- doesn't matter where you go, you just continue to pull it at a record pace.
My question is:

How much did Brinks charge you to haul your stash to the safety deposit box and did they pick out the silver on the way?

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keithinvestigations said:
Wow, you a serious CRH. It pays off in your numbers.

KI - I am hardly a serious CRH.....There are alot more serious and knowledgable CRH in here than me like Gman...he is a serious CRH. It is just still new for me....not sure but after a while, I will probably just drift away......lol...move on to something else.

bongo1962 said:
Hello Ma'am, I am glad that you chose the secure path for your accumulated wealth. I hope my quoting your totals in $ wasn't inappropriate. If so I apologize. But I'm still glad you did the SDB. If I ever get financially fit, I'm coming to LA and stealing a tiny bit of your thunder. LOL just joshin ya. Cody would never stand for a trip that long. BTW nice totals on the 2 days. Bongo

Bongo - Thanks....There is plenty of room here in LA...come on down....ha! I have a few spots that I feel is holding silver....I've done my homework....just can't get to them right now....one day soon maybe.....

TXTim said:
LJ!
You continue to amaze us!
You have the equivalent of the green thumb for silver- doesn't matter where you go, you just continue to pull it at a record pace.
My question is:

How much did Brinks charge you to haul your stash to the safety deposit box and did they pick out the silver on the way?

Thanks Tim....don't say that...your going to jinx me....lol.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Another nice score, congratulations. You have some serious silver there, good idea of putting it in a safety deposit box. Now you can relax and not worry about it.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great score LJ ! (boy, I keep finding myself saying that a lot ;) )

The photos are much appreciated as well. I've got to get myself photo-enabled.

Keep blazing the trail for the rest of us.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
How many of you use these safety deposit boxes for your silver?

I just started a box myself. I just joined a new bank last week and their "freeby" was a safety deposit box, of my choice, for one year. I chose one size smaller than the largest. (brand new bank, so I had plenty to choose from)
It looks like it will hold 4 brink's boxes or more. It normally goes for $80 a year, the smallest was $30 a year. If I put 4 boxes in that tin box I think it will just collapse. They were made for papers not CRHers. ;D

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevo said:
whats the average cost of a safety box?

The largest one at the bank I deal with is $120/year.

thurmownator said:
Another great score LJ ! (boy, I keep finding myself saying that a lot ;) )

The photos are much appreciated as well. I've got to get myself photo-enabled.

Keep blazing the trail for the rest of us.

Thanks Thurm....yes..get photo enabled cuz you knoooooow I just love those pictures.....ha!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you rent a SDB without having an account at the bank?

kickstart

Mar 7, 2007
Ga.
I have a S/D box, but I don't keep hardly anything in it. I do
have a 400LB. gun safe in my garage. I keep everything in that.
I like being able to visits my coins w/o having to leave the house.

Maybe I'm just lazy as hell....

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing exponentially better than I did when I was getting good boxes years ago. With the success you are having now, what does your hubby think of it (if I remember right you had posted in a previous email that he thought you were nuts for doing it).

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne1956 said:
You are doing exponentially better than I did when I was getting good boxes years ago. With the success you are having now, what does your hubby think of it (if I remember right you had posted in a previous email that he thought you were nuts for doing it).

You are exactly right Wayne....he did think I was little off when I started....lol. Then I came home with a box of pennies and he really thought I had gone off on the deep end.....ha!

After the stash starting growing.....he started suggesting this little town....that little town.....I think that light bulb went off....lol. He even helps me going through the coins alot of times when he isn't busy...so overall his attitude has changed a bit....hehehe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread