Next Level

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
That is-
I can take this sport to the next level and save my rolling fingers!
I am now officially going to start ordering boxes upon boxes.
Huntin 59'r turned me on to a bank nearby that has a free coin counter for customers and it's open 24 hours!
I can't thank him enough!!!
I opened an account and did a trial run tonight.
Everything ran like clockwork - the machine was spot on accurate with the count total.
I feel almost as good as I did when I found the 70D.
Thank you 59'r !!!

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is really sweet Tim. You can't ask for a better deal than that!!! You need to buy 59'er lunch one day....ha!

Now you have to up your trash pick-ups to 4-5 days a week for all those empty boxes and wrappers....lol....watch out boxes....here he comes....

Good luck and keep em coming....

bama #1

Dec 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lucky I don't have to re-roll my coins I just put them in a bag. Perks of the job I guess.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I wish I had a bank like that where I live. None of the banks in any of the cities around me have a coin counter, and I have to roll all of my coins to return them. I also have to take them to several different banks each week. You have it made now,and open 24 hours, wow! lol

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
Is there a teller available 24 /7 as well?

What you have described is something I have only dreamed about,a FREE coin counter and banking at any hour(like fitness places) is icing.

I wish banks near me would get the news and start treating customers like we are valuable and not a nuisance.

I don't mean just in respect to crh but I encounter rude tellers when I am just doing regular bank business as well-they seem to just hate life and take it out on everyone they meet.

This very thing was supposed to happen recently around the whole country-I was hoping it would become a reality but I hear it has been shot down by the "BIG BANKING" lobby.

Walmart was trying to open their own in house banks in the store,not branches of private banks in their stores but their "OWN" bank of walmart.

Imagine how low mortgage rates would be and how high interest rates would be for savings accounts and CD's.

Every bank in the nation would be scrambling to provide better customer service than the next bank and we the customers would be the winners and they would still make a huge PROFIT!

Imagine FREE coin counters in EVERY branch,longer business hours and friendly tellers because they couldn't afford to lose customers due to rude tellers.

Does anybody know more on this?Is the idea gone forever or just a minor setback?

I try not to shop there usually if I can avoid it but I would definately be one of their first customers of the "Bank of walmart" ;D

OP
OP
TxTim

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Yes, it is amazing and believe it or not, Schramm, it is in a Walmart & the tellers are there 24 hours!!
I've never hit a bank inside a Walmart or I probably would have stumbled on it quicker.
They have the counter just outside the door and available to everyone. The receipt prints a total and the total minus a 9% fee. Noncustomers are paid the latter. One thing I noticed was that this particular machine had no external reject tray. Could be a problem for returning funky dug coins found with the MD.
Another interesting fact is that the bank has no other branches with counters except 1 other that is also located in a Walmart - but - they charge 9% to both customers and noncustomers!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the bank branch name? I would like to see if there is one in any of the WalMarts I pass by time to time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread