4-11-07 Search

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Today I stopped at my regular bank to turn in halves and some dimes. As I was turning in the dimes I asked if they had any rolls that I could trade them for, ones that I haven't searched yet. They said sure,and one of the tellers said she had one roll of halves that someone turned in today. I asked if it was ok if I could buy them,and she said sure. Then she said I'll save any of the halves that people bring in for you,as well as any other rolls of coins. Then she said we have customers that bring in rolls that say they have been saving them for a long time,so she said they are probably older coins. I know this teller doesn't collect or save any coins so it will be interesting to see if she finds anything for me.

The roll of halves that I bought from her produced 5-1964 silver halves and 3-40% silver halves. I searched a total of $490 in dimes today and found one 1946 silver Rosie.

I also went back to the bank that I found the 10 rolls of silver halves last week. They didn't have any additional halves to sell. I did purchase rolls of dimes and then the teller said oh we also have those big dollars. I said I'll take them, she had 4 in her drawer and then said wait I know we have more in an envelope(26 in the envelope). So I bought a total of 30 Ikes today, none were from 1973 or 1979. But I'm still adding them to my stash. ;D

Attachments

• H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 126
  • I2.jpg
    I2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma