Still kicking and still hunting bi monthly

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Still kicking and still hunting bi weekly

Got laid off in April and started working for myself. I am still hunting though somewhat spastic and doing so every couple of weeks. I lost my biggest buy bank, right when the boxes started to produce again. Luckily I was able to keep one branch of theirs and the boxes produce something every week. I had to pick up a different buy bank and their boxes are hit and miss but they usually produce enough to cover my gas of $14 a month for CRH. Did manage a 43 coin score from one box, its been a long time coming.

On another note, my collection has seen a major increase as of late.

Year end of 2012 saw me at 278.9814 ozt
Year end of 2013 saw me at 504.5263 ozt
As of right now, I am at 981.5465 ozt and counting.

There are still 2 good months of hunting left to increase the stack to 1000 ozt and I think I can hit it, though my year end goal is only 682 ozt, I am a little bit ahead of the game right now, which is a good thing.

I am not sure if the local refiner screwed me or if I screwed myself and accidentally poured some sterling into the wrong container but one of my bars I had poured was 13 oz short. One bar came out 86.8390 ozt and the other 99.8260. If you convert the silver weight in them to Sterling percentages, it comes out to 201.8 oz which means I could have possibly screwed up the weights or something though I doubt I did. I did have a third bar poured for me, brought it 108.2 oz and the bar came out 99.1510. A little lighter than I had expected. I have two more bars ready to be made but I am going to make my own smelter and refine and pour my own bars this next year. I also plan on refining my gold filled this next year, looking to pour me a 2 oz bar at least. I have been throwing random bits of scrap gold in with my filled, ear rings, broken chains, things that dont weight a whole lot but will sweeten the pot in the future.

Life has been pretty good since the layoff. I enjoy working for myself and doing garage sales and auctions full time is a blast. Never know what each day will bring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread