Went through some halves today.

Chris8990

Oct 26, 2014
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank earlier today and asked if they had any halves or large dollars. Surprisingly enough they had $450.00 worth, the teller asked me how many I would like and I told her I would take them all, she said that if I was looking for silver coins that odds were I wasn't going to find any due to the fact that the customer who had dropped them off had searched through them looking for the same thing. I decided what the heck, maybe they missed one. Well when I got home I immediately tore into them and of course every single roll was filled with 1971 and newer coins, until the second to last roll which had a 1967 Kennedy sitting right in the middle of it. :) It was definitely a surprising find in all of those dumps. Plus to make the day even better, when I told my fiancé about the find she asked me if old nickels where worth anything and I told her it really depended on the year, and what someone would be willing to pay for it. She proceeded to dig around in her pocket and pulled out about a dollars worth of change, from which she pulled a tarnished looking nickel. She handed it to me and HOLY CRAP!!! It was a 1944 P war nickel!!! I immediately leaned over, gave her a big kiss and told her she needed to help me go through coins from now on because I can use all the luck I can get lol. All in all, it was a fun day :).

image (2).jpeg image (3).jpeg

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank earlier today and asked if they had any halves or large dollars. Surprisingly enough they had $450.00 worth, the teller asked me how many I would like and I told her I would take them all, she said that if I was looking for silver coins that odds were I wasn't going to find any due to the fact that the customer who had dropped them off had searched through them looking for the same thing. I decided what the heck, maybe they missed one. Well when I got home I immediately tore into them and of course every single roll was filled with 1971 and newer coins, until the second to last roll which had a 1967 Kennedy sitting right in the middle of it. :) It was definitely a surprising find in all of those dumps. Plus to make the day even better, when I told my fiancé about the find she asked me if old nickels where worth anything and I told her it really depended on the year, and what someone would be willing to pay for it. She proceeded to dig around in her pocket and pulled out about a dollars worth of change, from which she pulled a tarnished looking nickel. She handed it to me and HOLY CRAP!!! It was a 1944 P war nickel!!! I immediately leaned over, gave her a big kiss and told her she needed to help me go through coins from now on because I can use all the luck I can get lol. All in all, it was a fun day :).

View attachment 1072393 View attachment 1072394

:coffee2: Now you know why the advice is to buy all the rolls. You never know what you will find. BTY congrats on the 67. The war nickel (44P) is also a nice find. Welcome to TNET & this hobby/obsession.
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread