silver halves from the mint

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Personally the only thing I order anymore is a proof set every year. Been a collector since I was in diapers and I have every proof set from 1955 on otherwise I wouldn't bother with those either. Prices have gotten stupid over the past few years.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered two 4-coin silver sets yesterday. I expect that they should be very beautiful.

After 20 years they will show up in a box or a roll definitely. These silver half coins are equivalent to the 1982 Washington silver half commemorative or 1993 Madison Bill of rights silver half commemorative coins. I myself found a 1982 silver Washington silver half this year. I believe other members here found 1993 Madison. I am not sure about the gold one.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Sure you'll find em in rolls. As soon as a kid get's in the coin collection and buys bubblegum, or your house gets robbed.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered 5 sets of the 50th Anniversary Kennedy 2014 Half-Dollar Silver Coin Collection myself yesterday. I just got my confirmation email a little while ago that my order has already been shipped. I haven't bought any coins from the Mint in a few years but I figured I'd get some of these sets. There is a product limit of 300,000 units but no mintage limit so its unclear what the final sales figures will be. The set includes a reverse proof coin from the U.S. Mint at West Point and an enhanced uncirculated coin from the U.S. Mint at San Francisco.

It would sure be a great find to ever find any one of these coins in circulation. It may happen someday for someone.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I get a silver proof set every year and was too late jumping on the silver baseball commemoratives this year, but but I did order one of the 50th anniversary 4 coin sets. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Received my 5 sets today. For those that have ordered, take a close look at the 4 on the Denver uncirculated coin. Let me know what you find.

One of my sets is already being consigned in local high-end auction. I had realized $1500 on my 25th ASE Anniversary set on the last high-end auction so I hope that this set pays for my others.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell us what is up with your Denver coin! I am not going to get a set it looks like! show show show

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at the crossbar of the 4 under magnification. I wouldn't be able to take a photograph without it looking like crap. I wish I had a digital microscope to take a photo with.

I still don't really see anything there, but maybe it's just me. I used my loupe and I still didn't see anything.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a notice on my door Friday when I got home that UPS attempted delivery of my 5 set order but it requires a delivery signature so delivery will be re-attempted Monday but I'll be working again on Monday and I'm not sure when or how I'm going to get my order. I'm not sure why a company like UPS doesn't work on Saturdays. You'd think a competitive company like UPS would do business on Saturdays. I wish (and it seems strange that they don't) that the US Mint would use the USPS for pkg delivery because at least the USPS does business on Saturdays. Even most banks are open at least half a day on Saturdays. Seems like UPS has a rather strange business model to me (at least in terms of their limited hours of operation).

I read that total orders on the first day of sales for these sets accounted for 85,670 units sold so I wonder how close they are to selling out now. Im not necessarily planning on selling any of my sets anytime soon but the sooner they sell out, the more collector demand there will be on the secondary markets. So if demand and secondary market prices are high enough for these sets I might be tempted to sell one or two of my sets which would offset the price I paid a little bit for the sets I keep. I at least hope total sales aren't much over the 300,000 product limit the Mint announced.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a notice on my door Friday when I got home that UPS attempted delivery of my 5 set order but it requires a delivery signature so delivery will be re-attempted Monday but I'll be working again on Monday and I'm not sure when or how I'm going to get my order. I'm not sure why a company like UPS doesn't work on Saturdays. You'd think a competitive company like UPS would do business on Saturdays. I wish (and it seems strange that they don't) that the US Mint would use the USPS for pkg delivery because at least the USPS does business on Saturdays. Even most banks are open at least half a day on Saturdays. Seems like UPS has a rather strange business model to me (at least in terms of their limited hours of operation).

I read that total orders on the first day of sales for these sets accounted for 85,670 units sold so I wonder how close they are to selling out now. Im not necessarily planning on selling any of my sets anytime soon but the sooner they sell out, the more collector demand there will be on the secondary markets. So if demand and secondary market prices are high enough for these sets I might be tempted to sell one or two of my sets which would offset the price I paid a little bit for the sets I keep. I at least hope total sales aren't much over the 300,000 product limit the Mint announced.

USPS delivered mine (it was shipped from Fedex to the local P.O.).

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess the Mint uses different carriers maybe depending on the amount of the sale and other reasons. I cant remember if pkg's get redirected to the USPS if UPS is unsuccessful with delivery or if I will just have to eventually go get it from some UPS office. It would just be so much better policy if USP had Saturday delivery so they could deliver pkgs to residential addresses for working customers. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to get my pkg sometime soon without too much hassle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread