Double headed 71 half

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Double headed '71 half

Found a double headed '71 half (even was an ender). Not sure what the use is for this. It weighs a little light but I don't really see how it's made.

Other than that the finds have been exceptionally slim lately. October yielded 12 40%ers, 1 64 and 1 Franklin. Highlight was a full BU 1955P Rosie, also found a '57D Rosie in a coinstar. Found a nice cud on a 1975 cent along with 15 wheaties.

I need November to be quite a bit better.

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the 71 half a magicians coin? Does it sound hollow?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
They are made from 2 different half dollars. Sometimes hollow in the middle so a smaller coin can be concealed inside. As said, probably a magicians coin and not especially valuable but still cool if it was found in a roll

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a double headed '71 half (even was an ender). Not sure what the use is for this. It weighs a little light but I don't really see how it's made.

Other than that the finds have been exceptionally slim lately. October yielded 12 40%ers, 1 64 and 1 Franklin. Highlight was a full BU 1955P Rosie, also found a '57D Rosie in a coinstar. Found a nice cud on a 1975 cent along with 15 wheaties.

You and me both, buddy.

Congrats on what you did find though and nice going on a low mintage Roosie.

I've still yet to find a half that's older than '64, going on 2 years now.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
You and me both, buddy.

Congrats on what you did find though and nice going on a low mintage Roosie.

I've still yet to find a half that's older than '64, going on 2 years now.

Nothing pre-'64 in two years? Wow! That's quite a cold deck right there.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its most likely a magicians coin- as already stated- the only way I could "break" the couple I found apart was to throw it hard on a concrete serfice- the first 1 I did bent it a bit though the second one came apart nice- I was able to sell bothe of them for about $5 each- so a little better than a 40% monetary wise

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best two headed half is a 64 silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread