Revenge? What would you do?

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I get off a bit early from work to go home and meet my son when he gets off the bus. Of course, since I'm off so early I drop by my main pick up bank to see what I can get from the partial bags. I'm waiting in line and my main competition walks in and gets into the commercial line (he is not a commercial customer/account holder). There is only one person in front of him and there are about three in front of me. He walks up to the counter when he sees that I will beat him to the tellers and the bags. And asks for the bag count (he got in the wrong line and then cut in line).
I walk out with a box of halves (skunk btw).
Part of me wants to go to war and turn this branch into a dump land, just to ruin his bag hunting.
The other part of me says they will get sick of his BO and his pushy antics eventually and then I'll have the place to myself. Also I really don't want to turn off the tellers to ALL CRH'ers, just this one. I always try to be very patient, friendly, and easygoing with the tellers. Oh, and I will bring them some nice treats tomorrow.
Just had to get this one off my chest. Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you could ask the manager " was that the guy on cops last night?"

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beat him to the punch. Come at an earlier time/day.

But that might wear out your welcome for both of you if you keep showing up frequently.

I'm assuming you can't talk with him?

I had a competition situation, I just learned to get there earlier and leave a few things I knew they liked.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Revenge will never allow the wake to become still

Creating an order for disorder, is not the route I choose to walk.

God speed, may peace find you soon

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
speak with the tellers and manager about possibly eliminating a CRH'er by turning your dumps on him, and once he stops coming, you will stop dumping on him... it would be a win-win for both you and the bank. It might sound a bit greedy on your end though.

7treefrog

Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"When embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." -Confucianis

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I get off a bit early from work to go home and meet my son when he gets off the bus. Of course, since I'm off so early I drop by my main pick up bank to see what I can get from the partial bags. I'm waiting in line and my main competition walks in and gets into the commercial line (he is not a commercial customer/account holder). There is only one person in front of him and there are about three in front of me. He walks up to the counter when he sees that I will beat him to the tellers and the bags. And asks for the bag count (he got in the wrong line and then cut in line).
Part of me wants to go to war and turn this branch into a dump land, just to ruin his bag hunting.
The other part of me says they will get sick of his BO and his pushy antics eventually and then I'll have the place to myself. Also I really don't want to turn off the tellers to ALL CRH'ers, just this one. I always try to be very patient, friendly, and easygoing with the tellers. Oh, and I will bring them some nice treats tomorrow.

He beat you to the bags. He used somewhat unscrupulous methods to do it, but regardless of the manner, he did. Any attempt at revenge could escalate into a CRH war of sorts which likely ends with the bank telling both of you to take a hike. You have a VERY RARE commodity in a bank that will not only sell bags off the counter, but partial bags as well. That's all but unheard of. I have been to hundreds and hundreds of different banks during my time in this hobby. I can easily count the times that a bank was willing to sell a partial bag on one hand. Personally, I wouldn't do anything in the least that could even remotely possibly disrupt that - even if that means my rude, smelly competition gets to eat a little too.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:coffee2: OK so he beat you this day. There're will be other days. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. He will eventually wear out his welcome there. Just be sure the tellers know that all crh aren't like him. Does this bank produce for you when you get a bag (partial or full)? You're very lucky to have a bank that will sell you partial bags let alone full bags. The banks in my area won't sell full bags let alone partial bags.
HH
Gary

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agreed, live again to hunt another day! don't let your rage get the best of you!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep the peace. He ain't dumpin heavy there either,yet. Learn from him. Better if it was a friendly rivalry but the bank should be the priority for both of you. If it matters any pizzin contest will be reflected on searchers down the road.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait for him in the parking lot with a baseball bat and take what he bought from him. Then dowse him with gasoline and set his body on fire. He won't cut in line any more!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wait for him in the parking lot with a baseball bat and take what he bought from him. Then dowse him with gasoline and set his body on fire. He won't cut in line any more!

Whoh....Don't play games around Gollum! **remember to write that down..

OP
OP
SanMartian

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great responses, seriously. I was pretty much over it as soon as I got in the car. Oh, and I'm NOT messing with Gollum, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread