Its cent, not penny

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's cent, not penny

I'm getting real fed up with people calling the 0.01 piece in the US the penny. Come one guys, the proper term is cent. It pisses me off when people can't use proper terms for highly important elements of life like this one. Those of you calling it the penny should probably feel ashamed but maybe not. I haven't decided on that yet.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7:Lol Why do my penny wrappers say penny and not cent then? Why does the $25 brinks box say penny? I wouldn't get too upset over it!:laughing7:

Well they didn't get a fine ITT Tech education like myself so they are ignorant. But you may be right, it just grinds my gears though

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's the stuff that pisses you off... I think there more issues going on with you than that.

And you you say this is highly important parts of our lives? Lol...that's just funny.

a dime is 10 cents..a nickel is 5 cents...and a penny is one cent...

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If that's the stuff that pisses you off... I think there more issues going on with you than that.

And you you say this is highly important parts of our lives? Lol...that's just funny.

a dime is 10 cents..a nickel is 5 cents...and a penny is one cent...

Bro... it's not a dime it's a 10 cent piece. This is not good for the future of numismatics

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
1/100 of a dollar is numismatically known as a cent. There is no doubt about that. It is indisputable fact.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting real fed up with people calling the 0.01 piece in the US the penny. Come one guys, the proper term is cent. It pisses me off when people can't use proper terms for highly important elements of life like this one. Those of you calling it the penny should probably feel ashamed but maybe not. I haven't decided on that yet.

highly important elements of life? feel ashamed???

LOL

Dude take a xanax and worry about something important.

That's just my 2 pennies anyways.

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
highly important elements of life? feel ashamed???

LOL

Dude take a xanax and worry about something important.

That's just my 2 pennies anyways.

Yeah I have no idea why people actually care about something as trivial as this

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And here I thought you were going to be the one to take the reins of the numistically correct language movement! I was looking up to you like a ninja warrior!:sadsmiley:

I am the leader of this movement still. We need to be numismatically accurate.

I had a beagle named Penny once... Should I start referring to her as "Cent" as well?

Yes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread