Where the buffalo roam.....

avalentine94

Greenie
Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, been in to CRH'ing for a few months now, usually nickels. I enjoy the variety. First time poster here! Always see peoples great huge score stories, and never had any of my own until now! Anyway, went through a $100 box yesterday, all MWR.
Message_1415896737630.jpg
Good signs from the beginning... I actually set that roll off to the side, figuring it may darn well be the only good thing in the box, and would open it last (lol!) Anyway, few more rolls in, I found 3 dateless buffalo nickels and a 1943 P war nickel.
Message_1415898603352.jpg
I was happy as could be...Next roll opened, 2 more buffalos.
I couldn't believe it. At 5 I was extatic, at 10, I couldn't believe it, and by 20 I had lost count in disbelief. All scattered throughout machine wrapped rolls....
Message_1415901335624.jpg
Message_1415907337231.jpg
In total, I got 30 dateless (d'oh!) buffalo nickels from a single box. I was in shock. Also pulled 2 war nickels, a few nice pre 60's, and a 1938 P in excellent shape. Single best box of my life. Went straight back to the bank, and bought another box! Unfortunately, it was not filled with buffalos like my first. I did manage to find 1 more dateless buff, 1 war nickel, and one 1912 V Nickel. I was in absolute disbelief. It is only my 2nd V nickel found to date.:headbang: Absolutely a great day of hunting, and got me motivated again to hit em' hard!
20141114_000350.jpg

Upvote 0

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!! I have sorted through loose change we have, but have yet to bite the bullet and order some rolls... Box like that or the one where the guy found a roll of Indian Heads in a box of pennies sure help!

OP
OP
A

avalentine94

Greenie
Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!! I have sorted through loose change we have, but have yet to bite the bullet and order some rolls... Box like that or the one where the guy found a roll of Indian Heads in a box of pennies sure help!

Yeah, boxes in my opinion are the way to go! Machine wrapped, sealed boxes... I've had much better luck with them than CWR

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea,I finally got my gumption up and asked fro dime rolls when I cashed a check today. Only $15 and nothing there, but it is a start. I was going to ask about ordering boxes, but they were BUSY, so I decided I'd be a PITA another day.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
very nice score. A 30 buffalo box, even dateless, is awesome. Well done. Nice find on V as well.

OP
OP
A

avalentine94

Greenie
Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't have been happier.....What I couldn't believe is how they were scattered through machine wrapped rolls, never seen anything like that before in my life. And thanks! I love finding V nicks, finding my first was a special day for me, and this last one just added to an already great day!!!

OP
OP
A

avalentine94

Greenie
Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I agree BuffaloBoy! I was actually really craving finding some buff's, last few boxes only produced a few war nicks, and a proof. Needless to say, I think my craving was more than satisfied!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds - check the back of the '12 for an S mint mark- 12S is a key date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread