Box remnants

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Picked up $32 in MWR nickels which yielded 5 war nicks and a buffalo. Would have to love to have seen the other $68 worth but they were gone before i got there. Picked up another $160 in nickels and found a '42-P obverse ender, a '42-S obverse ender (needed for the book, now only lacking 5 Jefferson's), another war nick and a decent 1936. Also found a 1955, 1949-S and several other decent dates. That's the most war nickels I've ever found in a hunt.

Also picked up a whopping $40 in MWR dimes which yielded a 1916-S, 1939 and a 1948-S. Would have love to have seen the other $210 but it, also, was gone. Searched through another ~$500 worth of dimes and found nothing. The 1916-S is the oldest dime we've found to date. I let the 7 year old pull the silver rim out of the roll. I saw it was a mint marked reverse. I asked him what your it was, he said 1916. I asked if he was sure? Well what's the mint mark. Unfortunately it's an S, but it's in pretty nice shape. Also the first time I've ever found more than 1 Merc in a hunt. The 1948-S also fills a hole in the CRH Rosie book. Found a 1976 quarter in a dime roll. How you ask? It's one of those tiny coins and is about 1/2 the size of a dime.

Rounded out the day with 28 wheats and 6 40%ers.

Upvote 0

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, two stupid questions... First, do you have a pic of your quarter from the dime roll?? Is this like a toy coin, foreign, or are there tiny quarters I don't know about?

Second, can I ask where you are getting your coins? Is this like a bank that you buy whats left in some of their boxes, or are you getting them some where else?? I am just wondering if people have other sources than a bank, because so far all I have got from my bank are Loomis rolls.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
The quarter is just a miniature novelty quarter. I think they're primarily made with 1976 coins. All of the coins are 1/4th or 1/5th of their regular size.

As far as the part boxes go, I usually just stroll from bank to bank grabbing a handful of rolls. In these cases I got the last few rolls from an already opened box. I don't know where else to get rolls other than a bank.

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread