FINALLY found an error in a 2014 Lincon Penny!

iamdeprived

Nov 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..I guess you can call it an error. I have a 2014 D penny that appears to have clashed dies on both sides of the coin (will post pictures of the coin after this weekend). On the front, around the coin, just above the words IN GOD WE TRUST and continuing around the coin parallel to the edge of the is a line. The VDB is missing but on the shoulder you can see depressions where it should have been. The line continues up and the letter L is stamped over the line. Just above the date is a slightly raised area but nothing on the reverse side matches the shape of what I see. On the reverse is another line that also parallels the coin edge. The upper part of the letters in the words UNITED STATES OF AMERICA rest on that line.

I just wonder if the coin slug was too thin to start with? Speculations anyone? I know it will be a tough call until photos are posted. To see the line one sometimes needs to slightly turn the coin in the light but for the most part the line on both sides of the coin is really apparent and all items noted here can be viewed at 4x magnification. This coin was found in my change from Safeway.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to see the pics for sure. Are the clashed images normal or reversed?

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'll be interested to see pics for sure.

Today's the day! ~Mel Fisher

Doralbaus

Dec 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it too!

I also found one. In the front it is just as well as you describe it, and in the reverse has a small mark
before the word united. Looking online could only find your comment.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I also found one. In the front it is just as well as you describe it, and in the reverse has a small mark
before the word united. Looking online could only find your comment.

picture?

SUNUVSAAM

Jul 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found one as well

Ours is a 2014 d Lincoln penny on the shield on the back if you take a look at the words one cent you'll see an imprint going through the 0 and also through the n it's like a half moon circling from side down up to the next side on the front side you'll see a line going through the United States of America pretty good line going right through the center of it if you look next to Lincoln's face you could see a second image of his face at least I could see it

Attachments

• 20190728_011216.jpg
    20190728_011216.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 20190728_005138.jpg
    20190728_005138.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 96

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Your images need work. From what is provided, my trifocaled eyes can not determine anything for certain.

Clear. Sharp. Detailed. In focus. No direct light.

When I take closeup images, I demand it all.

However, I have not filled a new lens prescription in a few years, so it could be that.

Time for more coffee.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be cool hard to see here also

Top Member Reactions