Clad dime in a roll of pennies

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought six rolls of pennies to use in my physical therapy and 3 rolls equal a pound per leg. Found a set at wal-mart that weighed 10 lbs and hope to get them tomorrow. So, I went thru my 6 rolls of pennies and was surprised to find a clad dime in one of the rolls plus one Canadian penny. Figure I'm 8 cents ahead replacing the dime with another penny and the Canadian penny also. My first find and I remember somebody saying they found a gold coin in a roll of quarters one time. You never know what you're going to find. Not the first wheat penny in all 6 rolls, tho. I was surprised.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were they machine or hand rolled? I find them in hand rolled quite often.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More often than not I come out ahead when it comes to CWR (Customer wrapped) cents, whether it be 1-2 extra pennies in the roll, or a dime or two.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were rolled by a customer because their name was on the rolls. It was so dark, it must have looked like a penny to him.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I found a nickel in a penny roll this week. I've also found 50 dimes inside of cent rolls before. Free $4.50 isn't too bad.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 free dollars is good for a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Nice find. I see people using the coin machines at the supermarket all the time and wonder what they are throwing away for green backs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread